1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling High Traffic URL Shortener

Discussion in 'Sites' started by jgman1, May 23, 2011.

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of selling my URL shortener, which I thought I would have a lot more time for. The URL is www.adlt.me. Originally I was planning on making the script check each URL for adult content, and have it automatically insert a waiting page to warn people of adult content if there is any.

I never got around to getting that part of the script made, but the custom shortening script (with full stats, etc.) as well as the membership script is all working perfectly.

The site gets between 5-20K visitors/day, which I track using OpenX (set to track 1 impression per IP per 24 hours). I can prove the stats by either giving anyone interested a login for OpenX so they can look, or I may just attach a file with all the stats in a spreadsheet. The traffic is mainly US, followed by a few other "Tier 1" sources. The traffic mainly comes from referring sites, directly entering, and a little bit organic. The site is still pretty new, so you will notice Alexa decreasing daily.

I was trying to find private ad sales for the site, and was keeping "placeholder" ads in the spots until recently in order to try to get people to buy the spots. Unfortunately DP really let me down in that way, and in the 2 months I have been looking for advertisers none have come - I think that section is going a little downhill. I have been able to sell 2 text links for $15/month each, and both advertisers have signed up for more time. Anyways, I put adsense up for a little bit and have made about $12...which really isnt too much...

Really, this site needs someone who is good with selling advertisements... or at least knows a better ad network than adsense (I have been getting a $0 CPM)

Like mentioned at the beginning, this site has a custom design, which I sketched out myself then had professionally created, as well as completely custom scripts fully integrated. It also has OpenX installed which will obviously come with the site (free script, but difficult to install and takes lots of time). I also have a list of 500+ adult keywords that will be included in the sale, incase the next owner wishes to develop the site like I planned on doing. All-in-all the site cost me $250 to make, without any traffic.

I would really like to get about $500 for this site (I will pay fees), as I know in the right hands it will convert. I suggest the new owner not try posting ad space on this forum, as it really did not work for me at all, and wasted a lot of my time. Feel free to PM any questions.

jgman1, May 23, 2011 IP
  2. tusharbatra

tusharbatra Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Last edited: May 23, 2011
    tusharbatra, May 23, 2011 IP
  3. jgman1

jgman1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    jgman1, May 23, 2011 IP
  4. jgman1

jgman1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Problem fixed - Just a simple .htaccess error

jgman1, May 23, 2011 IP
  5. balkanboy82

balkanboy82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Can you please provide me with access to stats?

How many shortened links are in the database?

Do you have any earnings to report? If not, how do you suggest to new owner to make money with this site? Placing ads on top of pages that are shortened will probably kill the traffic.

Would you be interested to sell the domain name only and keep the script and related files?

balkanboy82, May 23, 2011 IP
  6. jgman1

jgman1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sending you a PM now

jgman1, May 23, 2011 IP
  7. sevenblogs

sevenblogs Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    More clear details expecting :)

please send me stats access and any details on revenue ?

And also reserve ? or BIN ?

-thanks

sevenblogs, May 24, 2011 IP
  8. jgman1

jgman1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    sent you a PM :)

jgman1, May 24, 2011 IP