1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Julian I , Emperor of Rome about Christianity

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by thesickearth, May 24, 2011.

Not a quote you see every day, I thought I might share.

"The idea of an incarnation of God is absurd: why should the human kind think itself so superior to bees, ants, and elephants as to be put in this unique relation to its maker? . . Christians are like a council of frogs in a marsh or a synod of worms on a dung-hill croaking and squeaking "for our sakes was the world created.""

thesickearth, May 24, 2011 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What exactly is the point of post? Are you asking a question?

Mia, May 24, 2011 IP
  3. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow that's so nice wanna be eco boy here shares a quote about Christianity form a guy that hated Christians . What's next a quote about Jews from Hitler ? A quote about capitalism from Stalin ? A quote about religion from Mao ?

ApocalypseXL, May 24, 2011 IP
  4. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have any actual critique of the quote or ad hominem attacks is all you got?

5. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you seriously trying to pull an ad hominem on me ? You do know that in order to have a logical fallacy you would 1st have to have a logical argument . You quote a biased opinion and you expect that opinion to be held as an argument ? ROFLMAO . And here i was thinking that you'd be a challenge or a source of entertainment , shucks you're just another high and mighty atheist crusader with less logic then Schroedinger's cat .

ApocalypseXL, May 24, 2011 IP
  6. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:

What logical fallacy got to do with ad hominem attacks? Dude if you see some hard words in someones post, google or bing them before making a hard-core guess like that.
    And who told you that I am an atheist? I mights as well be a Catholic bishop, an inquisitor preying for my next victim, on the search for heretics like you.

As for crusading--please! If sheep will stop believing in what they are told that might complicate things-- let alone loss of entertainment.

7. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

The "incarnation" is not in the Christian Bible but decided by a council in 325.

Julian does not question his belief in the "Maker" just in those who at the time believed for themselves what they have no proof of.

Breeze Wood, May 24, 2011 IP
  8. Misato

Misato Guest

Best Answers:
    They try to be intelligent.

Misato, May 25, 2011 IP