1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

long tail keywords - less than or equal to 1 visit has decreased

Discussion in 'Google' started by mike4545, May 24, 2011.

I've been working on a site for a while. added new content and sorted out some seo issues.

I've noticed that although the organic traffic has gone up compared to last year, if I segment the traffic down into organic traffic and into keywords with less than or equal to 1 visit there has been a decrease. For some main terms it's between 20 and 40 percent on last year. Above 2 or 5 visits it's up.

Can anyone shed any light on this, what might have caused this and how to remedy this?

cheers.

mike4545, May 24, 2011 IP
  2. keyuria

keyuria Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually ,I personally am not getting your question perfectly. Please elaborate or give example

keyuria, May 24, 2011 IP
  3. indian_seo

indian_seo Peon

Best Answers:
    your question is quite confusing... please explain in simple sentences...

indian_seo, May 24, 2011 IP
  4. theitom

theitom Peon

Best Answers:
    Could it be that your site is improving in it's performance in the higher volume shorter tail terms? As they are high in volume, once your positioning increases, could it reduce the impact of the lower volume terms in your data?

theitom, May 24, 2011 IP
  5. mike4545

mike4545 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi theitom,

Not sure, that's a very interesting theory. Has you ever seen this happen?
    My thoughts would have been that both would have increased, that I would have seen any increase in the shorter tail higher traffic terms and also in the lower longer tailer traffic terms. Afterall if someone searches for a 5 or 6 keyword combination then surely if I do well for the parent terms, then I'll do well for the longer tailer of that parent?

mike4545, May 24, 2011 IP
  6. sundeep.shetty03

sundeep.shetty03 Peon

Best Answers:
    first what you have asked i can,t get it.... try to explain it in better way so that u can have nest answers for it.....

sundeep.shetty03, May 24, 2011 IP
  7. theitom

theitom Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry Mike, musings of an enthusiastic amateur only. We tend to target some very niche or long tail terms at our end only, so don't get much by way of massively competitive short terms. I do find, however, that we get a fairly wide range of terms being used to find our sites no matter how specific the optimisation is. Another case of google making things just confusing enough for us to not quite understand them?:)

theitom, May 24, 2011 IP