1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Request: Plugin for managing advertisers locally.

Discussion in 'Digital Point Ads' started by civilwartalk, May 23, 2011.

I totally expect that this would take some time if accepted as a new feature, but I'd love a plugin for vBulletin (or Xenforo for that matter) that would create a page for an advertiser to sign up, create and manage ads, make payments, all without leaving my forum/web site.

Unless I'm misunderstanding how this works, I need to send my advertisers to digitalpoint (I believe http://advertising.digitalpoint.com/advertiser.php is the correct page) where they need to register, find my forum in the list of available advertisers, and then do the normal ad creation steps.

I would hope that a plugin could streamline these steps, and simplify the registration for the advertiser. Of course the plugin could have the option to allow the advertiser to search the system for other venues to advertise in.

I'm only just starting to work with Digital Point for advertising, and I know my advertisers, if they need to jump through too many hoops, they give up.

This is more of my pie in the sky vision for this system, it may be too much to ask.

civilwartalk, May 23, 2011 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A full API that would allow something like that is on the "to-do" list for some point in the future. We have simplified it as much as possible (like the user doesn't need to find your site, it remembers where they came from).

digitalpoint, May 23, 2011 IP
  3. civilwartalk

civilwartalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn,

That's great news.

In the mean time, I'm planning to create an instructional video for my site to help advertisers find their way.

Also, is there a way to adjust the javascript dropdown notice about advertising being available? Right now it dumps advertisers directly on Digital Point, and I'm considering creating a landing page with information about advertising and such before sending them here. On the other hand that's another step, counter to my previous post, but I'm trying to use a "handholding" approach with my advertisers.

Thanks for the feedback, good to now the direction we are heading.

civilwartalk, May 23, 2011 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can use any sort of pop up notice you want on your site and send them to any landing page you want, but there's not a way to edit the default options... The simplest way would be to just disable the system doing the notice and simply have your own custom notice.

digitalpoint, May 24, 2011 IP