1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much is too much for building links ?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by prisona, May 22, 2011.

I often hear and read statements on this topic, about wether it is good or bad to build links quickly. I`ve heard a lot of people (who wrote ebooks on the backlinking business and SEO topic that state that you can build a few hundreds a month and it`s not gonna be a problem - they also said if it is that easy to get penalized from google for building links you just have to build a lot of links quickly for your competitors and you`ll be soon n1 in Google :D ), I`ve heard also a lot of people to say don`t build too many too quickly.

How much is exactly too much too quickly? Like for a month how much is the best and how much is too much?

Okay, thanks :)

prisona, May 22, 2011 IP
  2. sannyhenry

sannyhenry Peon

Best Answers:
    There is not any criteria defined but I think regular you can create 100 links I used to create 100 links daily and no harm for my site.

sannyhenry, May 22, 2011 IP
  3. howinfo

howinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally don’t think that there can be too many links at one time. I have received many thousands of links in very short period of time and it has been perfectly fine. Lot of times if you put something great on your website and it goes viral in big way you can receive thousands if not millions of links and that should be looked as positive and not negative.

howinfo, May 22, 2011 IP
  4. bloggingman

bloggingman Peon

Best Answers:
    Google in their SEO starter guide does mention that they realize that people will be promoting their own websites. They have pretty clear guidelines of what they look for in their algorithm. Although I don't have any first hand experience from being banned due to "too many links" (I had problems with duplicate content) I'm not interested in testing to see how many is too many. I generally try to use just plain common sense when I am putting up a new site. A domain and site that is less than a week old should not look like a site that's been established for months or even years.
    A common sense approach to dripping in links day by day and week by week and increasing them over time will probably always be the best approach.

But, this only my opinion.

bloggingman, May 22, 2011 IP
  5. CannabisSEO

CannabisSEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think it is more a matter of quality then quantity. There is no set number, just be sure to not build on unrelated or spammy sites that could hurt your SEO and get you penalized.

CannabisSEO, May 22, 2011 IP
  6. sundeep.shetty03

sundeep.shetty03 Peon

Best Answers:
    their is no limit of link building but make sure that links are coming from relevant site....

sundeep.shetty03, May 22, 2011 IP
  7. smith498

smith498 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mean how much link-building?
    More quality links are better, with no virtual limit.

smith498, May 22, 2011 IP
  8. Liola

Liola Peon

Best Answers:
    The quantity of your links has to look natural, so if you start to work with a new site it's better to start to get liks gradually.

Liola, May 23, 2011 IP
  9. racheal2

racheal2 Guest

Best Answers:
    More quality links are better, if you start to work with a new site it's better to start to get liks gradually.

racheal2, May 23, 2011 IP
  10. prisona

prisona Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, thank you a lot guys. You say quality and relevance when it comes to link building.

What exactly do you mean by relevance? Does a site like this: elitehomesuk com count as a relevant (when you put your site in the right category of course)? Its PR is 1, does it count as quality or it is what they call it a link farm?

About the quality I think you mean sites that have high PR, right? And edu and gov links also.

Thanks!

prisona, May 23, 2011 IP
  11. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lifeplayer, May 23, 2011 IP
  12. jiyaalbert

jiyaalbert Peon

Best Answers:
    there is no limit of making links its all depend on the links quality.which helps you to get high page rank.

jiyaalbert, May 23, 2011 IP
  13. ktshoppe

ktshoppe Peon

Best Answers:
    As per the new google algorithm the more the quality backlinks better is ranking

ktshoppe, May 23, 2011 IP
  14. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    No one give a criteria how much links can be build. Google use many alerts to verify whether your link profile is natural or not. Building links too quickly can trigger a spam filter.
    New website may need 10-100 links per month while an old site me need thousands of links.

LinkGenie, May 23, 2011 IP
  15. socialmediamarketing01

socialmediamarketing01 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are building links manually (organically) the links will not increase all of a sudden. It will increase slowly & staidly. I think no harm is there.

socialmediamarketing01, May 23, 2011 IP
  16. emmalib

emmalib Peon

Best Answers:
    We've seen negative impact in like of panda update with bulk acquisition of links, growing slowly is the way to go imho.

emmalib, May 23, 2011 IP
  17. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody knows the real truth ...
    I some times got a penalty for buying to many backlinks and sometimes no for doing exact things and number of backlinks ...

w3bmaster, May 23, 2011 IP
  18. mr.backlink

mr.backlink Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello mate

I will Provided unlimited more links for business and SEO topic sites. but must be beter 100 Quality links last per month Provided ...

Thanx

mr.backlink, May 23, 2011 IP
  19. seocrews

seocrews Peon

Best Answers:
    there is no criteria to make link building..

seocrews, May 23, 2011 IP
  20. KT91

KT91 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My experience with this is that a slower pace seems to work best now. The higher quality the better the links. Especially with the new updates from Big G.
    Personally I think on a new site I would go very slow if any at all. I may be wrong.

KT91, May 23, 2011 IP