1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

JustHost - My Website Down Due To High-Loaded. LMAO?

Discussion in 'Outages' started by kevydesigns, May 21, 2011.

Hi guys,

I chose justhost.com as my web host a few days ago.

Today my pdf search engine website kept going up and down today and at one time, it was down for about 30 minutes.

Live support was quite fast, but they couldnt really help much.
    So I had to create a support ticket.

I got this reply from them:

So now, I replied to them and asked if they could move it to a high end server incase the same problem happens in the future.

I actually stated that I will get a full refund if a similar problem happens in the future.

So now, shall I actually stick with them? or shall I go for the full refund (30 day money back gaurenteed?)

Also if I do leave justhost, can you guys recommend me any good web hosting companies that can cope with high network resources and are reliable?

Edit: Could it be search engine crawlers that are using up the network resource on the server?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=958409
    Shall i try what is said in that thread and do you think it will help?

data i got from my cpanel awstats..
    seems like it

Sorry im new to this type of problem and I really appreciate if you guys can help.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Last edited: May 21, 2011
    kevydesigns, May 21, 2011 IP
  2. clau

clau Guest

Best Answers:
    The support guy said that some other sites caused a high load on the server. He also said that this is fixed by blocking those accounts.
    This problem is common for shared servers and can happen even on the best server you can find. You should read through their terms and conditions, probably they are protected from giving you a refund because of this.

Maybe you can get them to move you to a better server but you can never be completely free of this problem. The only option here is to go for a dedicated server. If your budget allows it this will be the best choice. With a dedicated server you don't have to worry about other sites making high loads and also you will have all the resources you need.

I also checked your site and from what I see it does not use many resources as you use docs.google.com to display the PDFs.

I don't think you should change your host just for this. If this things happens again you should ask them to move your site to a different server and if not try to get your refund and get a new host.

clau, May 23, 2011 IP
  3. alex_e

alex_e Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    blocking the search engine crawlers wills top your site content being listed in google and others. I'd move to a high end server, you're going need your own resources soon.

alex_e, May 23, 2011 IP
  4. kevydesigns

kevydesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for the info.. im trying out hostgator and see where i go from there..
    maybe vps option in the future

kevydesigns, May 23, 2011 IP
  5. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's a possibility no matter where you are if it's a shared server. But some hosts are better at monitoring servers before such issues go too far.

micksss, May 24, 2011 IP
  6. jbtooloo

jbtooloo Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats on getting the traffic ;)

jbtooloo, May 27, 2011 IP
  7. ankurbharali

ankurbharali Peon

Best Answers:
    As far as I know bluehost has some system to block abusive users automatically.VPS is good as you get dedicated resource

ankurbharali, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  8. selvamurali

selvamurali Peon

Best Answers:
    hi without vps i will give you good suggestion to you. its working high speed when its have high traffic

selvamurali, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  9. Chuman

Chuman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    <quote>So now, I replied to them and asked if they could move it to a high end server incase the same problem happens in the future.

I actually stated that I will get a full refund if a similar problem happens in the future.

So now, shall I actually stick with them? or shall I go for the full refund (30 day money back gaurenteed?)

Also if I do leave justhost, can you guys recommend me any good web hosting companies that can cope with high network resources and are reliable?

Edit: Could it be search engine crawlers that are using up the network resource on the server?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=958409
    Shall i try what is said in that thread and do you think it will help?
    </quote>

Before you go for the money back just backup everything because they will suspend your account and force you to host with them without giving you the refund, justhost is I rate as a bad hosting. Read this for more details http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1705969

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
    Chuman, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  10. procrusher

procrusher Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should try FirePowerHost, they don't oversell ever so you can be sure that your site doesn't go down.

procrusher, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  11. SecureNS

SecureNS Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like Google loves your website with all the new fresh content, anyhow yes. Personally i think every provider should have a fallback solution if this ever happens and why was the server not being monitored? The servers should be under 24 hour watch either it by a uptime service that sends SMS/Phones when down or a level 1 support technician it doesn't matter they all should be watched.

- Jacob
    DwellWeb.com

SecureNS, Aug 2, 2011 IP
  12. ABM House

ABM House Peon

Best Answers:
    Not a good thing, I heard some good news about just host but amazing that it is also down

ABM House, Aug 3, 2011 IP