1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link building- The basics

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by SimplyDigim, May 17, 2011.

Hey SEO enthusiasts, thought I would sumarise the best ways to build sustainable links.

Link building is the main factor which affects where you are placed in organic search results. Having said that, quantity is not always best; you need to have high powered (determined by PageRanks), relevant links using the relevant keywords. This gives your site more authority and thus the search engines think you are what the searcher is looking for and list you higher up the results for your keywords.

So how do you build links?

Firstly you must have good quality content for people to link to and view, then:

- Add your website to directories (free or paid) e.g. DMOZ
    - Comment on relevant blogs and forms e.g. Digital Point
    - Once established, add signature links to your blog and forum profiles
    - Use social bookmarking to store links on social sites e.g. Delicious
    - Submit articles to relevant online article directories e.g. Marketing Source
    - Use Social Media to distribute your links e.g. Twitter
    - Get links on affiliate sites i.e. relevant sites linking to you

Your ultimate aim is to create ‘viral content’; this is content which people want to forward on and link to, it is the holy grail of link building!

Remember building quality links takes time, so go for quality and set realistic goals.

Good luck.

SimplyDigim, May 17, 2011 IP
  2. cheesee

cheesee Peon

Best Answers:
    I build my links by forum posting, and forum posting only. It works great for me, it's just time consuming.

cheesee, May 17, 2011 IP
  3. SimplyDigim

SimplyDigim Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you rank well in search engines? What's your traffic volumne like? Using the other techniques aswell will build a stronger foundation for you and over time will mean less work for you...

SimplyDigim, May 17, 2011 IP
  4. ajbaumer

ajbaumer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suggest you also do product or business reviews, for popular sites like Amazon. Writing reviews can attract consumer's interest to visit your site, especially if they like what you've written. Aside from that you may think of adding freebies, exclusive giveaways, or simply creating a poll to get your reader's attention. Those are extra ways not just to drive traffic, but also to encourage people visit and share what they like about your site:)

ajbaumer, May 17, 2011 IP
  5. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing is easy in this world. You need to spend money or time when doing forum posting. If you are doing by yourself time is the factor. If you hire someone else, cost is the factor. But it can bring immense results of done correctly.

LinkGenie, May 18, 2011 IP
  6. socialmediamarketing01

socialmediamarketing01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very very useful posting. Just I want to add one point - Write the testimonials.

socialmediamarketing01, May 18, 2011 IP
  7. SimplyDigim

SimplyDigim Peon

Best Answers:
    Good shout on the testimonials and reviews guys!

SimplyDigim, May 18, 2011 IP
  8. john08

john08 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing the information, but seems that it is not easy to find forums with related topics. Usually the forums with related topics are your competitors and may not let you leave your links. Is that right?

john08, May 18, 2011 IP
  9. SimplyDigim

SimplyDigim Peon

Best Answers:
    What topics are you looking for?

As the vast majority of forums are moderated, you will probably struggle to have your links accepted on your competitors site; however you may get away with having cleverly disguised links in your signature...

SimplyDigim, May 20, 2011 IP
  10. Katieholms

Katieholms Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I want to share some of the resources which can help you to generate some useful back links with by working on them.I hope it will satisfy you.

1.Social bookmarking
    2.Articles
    3.Press releases
    4.Blog Comments
    5.Forums
    6.Video postings/comments
    7.Free link Directories

You just have to maintain the uniqueness and relevancy in your contents while working on them.It will attract more users toward your site to have flood of traffic.Thanks.

Katieholms, Jul 13, 2011 IP