1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Big Powerful Desktop, what should I buy?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aproxaday, May 16, 2011.

I was looking at alienware desktops, but they are pretty expensive for what you get. Is there any other computer manufacturer that makes powerful computers like these but a little cheaper? I am also looking to get two monitors for this computer, any suggestion on those?

aproxaday, May 16, 2011 IP
  2. omicreon

omicreon Peon

Best Answers:
    If you pick all the parts by yourself, you can get it much cheaper. If you don't have the knowledge how to put it all together, you can pay a little for them (whereever you buy it) to put it together for you. They sometimes have that option. It'll still be cheaper. I don't know any specific computer stores though since I live in Sweden so most people here use Swedish stores like inet.se and komplett.se.

If you don't know which parts you should have (which are good, which are compatible with each other) you can ask at a forum where they know a lot about computers, you can specify how much you could buy for a computer, and they'll choose good parts for you.

For monitors I personally would like a 120hz monitor, because they should have smoother motions. My LCD screen feels worse for my eyes than my old CRT screen, because I could have higher hz on that.

omicreon, May 17, 2011 IP
    Kerosene likes this.
  3. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Yes... You!

+1 to everything omicreon said. Custom build it yourself. Do a few weeks research on which components to buy, and build it yourself. Deciding what to buy is the hard part, building it is easy.

Kerosene, May 19, 2011 IP
  4. chris_ad

chris_ad Peon

Best Answers:
    just built some custom made PC. it's cheaper that way and you get an optimal usability (as long as you don't pick the wrong parts :D )

chris_ad, May 21, 2011 IP
  5. omicreon

omicreon Peon

Best Answers:
    omicreon, May 21, 2011 IP
  6. Hellcatt

Hellcatt Peon

Best Answers:
    As other posters said, I would recommend you to build it yourself. You will lower you bill heavily and still get a better PC than pre-builts!

Hellcatt, May 30, 2011 IP
  7. loopylukas

loopylukas Peon

Best Answers:
    build it yourself if you can if you need parts you could get them from here ww.w.ebuyer.com just remove the .

loopylukas, May 31, 2011 IP