1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ASP.net sites good for Cms?

Discussion in 'C#' started by lakelover339, May 15, 2011.

Hi -
    I believe my client has an ASP.net site http://bit.ly/mRTeUr - but maybe not as I can see code??

Are these sites any good for CMS or blogs? If so , how hard is it for clients to update their own blogs/add content?
    Thanks

lakelover339, May 15, 2011 IP
  2. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    The site uses Ektron CMS as you can see by the name of the links to the common JS libraries and handlers.

.Net is as good and as bad as PHP, JSP or CFM for CMS and blogs. It is as easy and as difficult to update them as with any other language/ framework too

AstarothSolutions, May 17, 2011 IP
  3. lakelover339

lakelover339 Peon

Best Answers:

Thank you for the information. It sounds like you are saying that they already have a CMS installed. Either way, do they need separate software to edit easily? I've seen some (like Cute Editor, I think) that look to give a Wysiwyg interface.

lakelover339, May 17, 2011 IP
  4. leva86

leva86 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, asp.net MVC is a good framework to build a cms. ASP.NET use the CLR that is compiled and make it much more fast than use php. ASP.NET have also a chaching system easy to use

leva86, May 17, 2011 IP
  5. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive never heard of the CMS they are using but look at the CMS's own website and I am sure they have a trial you can use.

For it to be a CMS it needs to have a way for the administrators to edit the content from within the site itself. I haven't seen any CMS that doesnt use some form of wysiwyg box and looking at the site http://documentation.ektron.com/current/webhelp/Getting Started/introduction editing content.htm it clearly does use one

AstarothSolutions, May 18, 2011 IP
  6. gotoandroid

gotoandroid Peon

Best Answers:
    Read Articles on ASP.NET MVC application using C#. Visit Chirag Kanzariya's Blog...

gotoandroid, Nov 30, 2012 IP