1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best free way to get traffic.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Make a perfect site, Dec 30, 2010.

1. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Submit your web site to search engines. Don't wait for them to find you. You can automatically submit to 20 at freewebsubmission.com. You'll have to submit manually to Google (www.google.com/addurl.html).

2. Directories. Do a search for niche directories for the topic of your website. Just type in "directory + online games," or whatever your site is about. There are also many general directories that accept submissions for free. The primary value of directories is not direct traffic, however. It is the links that help your ranking (and therefore traffic) with the search engines.

3. Forums. A great source of traffic for some sites. Talk about things of interest to you, and get free traffic to your web site (always sign off with a link). You may want to link to subscription pages for newsletters or e-courses you offer, to get maximum repeat visits from the traffic.

4. Free classifieds. There are many places that you can advertise for free, although few of them seem to be of any value. Test a little, and go with the ones that deliver.

5. Exchange Links. Exchanging links with other web sites can get you free traffic in two ways: traffic from the site, and traffic from the search engines, because the link helps your ranking with them.

7. Give testimonials. Do you love an e-book or other online product? Tell the author, and let her know she can use your testimonial. Mention that you'd appreciate it if she left the link to your site (under your name) active. Good testimonials are valuable, and you've probably seen them with a name and link attached.

8. Write articles. A great way to generate free web site traffic. In fact, thats what this article is about, and I have to tell you that there are at least ten more ways to get free traffic in my newsletter. You may want to visit the site and sign up.

jhardy2008, May 16, 2011 IP
  2. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Valuable content is the key, and if you have some bit of money you can always purchase some traffic and improve fastly your stats/PR/alexa rank.

Guisbar, May 17, 2011 IP
  3. vishnubabu

vishnubabu Member

Best Answers:
    For my surprise u seem to be a 14 year old?

vishnubabu, May 17, 2011 IP
  4. borislav.arapchev

borislav.arapchev Peon

Best Answers:
    No, exchange links in not OK anymore, It 's BAD nowadays.

borislav.arapchev, May 17, 2011 IP
  5. skarmankar

skarmankar Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting traffic to any site or affiliate link requires proper plan.we should be focused on one technique at a time.try to build your base like in forums.i will give you some best traffic tips.hope i will help you.

1.join forms of you niche.do daily and useful postings.be an active member.build your relationship with other members.

2.do daily and useful blog comments.

3.write informative article/week and submit manually to best article directories.ezinearticles.com,goarticles.com etc.

4.join squidoo and create informative lense about your niche.

5.upload videos to your blog.

6.join social networking sites twitter,facebook,myspace,digg etc.

all the best.

skarmankar, May 17, 2011 IP
  6. LauraSmith

LauraSmith Peon

Best Answers:
    The things you mentioned worked for a lot of people. Just make sure you choose the right sites to link to and don't spam

LauraSmith, May 17, 2011 IP
  7. popnyc

popnyc Active Member

Best Answers:
    popnyc, May 17, 2011 IP
  8. capstonic

capstonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SMO Sites Facebook, Twitter, Ning, Digg, Diigo, Stumble Upon, Reddit

capstonic, May 17, 2011 IP
  9. rikz0121

rikz0121 Peon

Best Answers:
    write a guest post on a blog that is of a similar niche to yours.

rikz0121, May 18, 2011 IP
  10. Make a perfect site

Make a perfect site Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip. I just got a guest post approved at dailyblogtips.com

Make a perfect site, May 19, 2011 IP
  11. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is nothing better than daily updates on your website and a few 100 visitors. Soon, if you can get this two done Google will do its works and there is no need for expensive SEO plans and so forth.

sumdor, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  12. nomoreturn

nomoreturn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Optimize your site for search engines.
    Frequently update the contents of your site
    Use your Twitter and Facebook accounts

nomoreturn, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  13. Arrazi

Arrazi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For me, you need to use any source to get traffic. So, you must try everything consistently and you will get the best solution.

Arrazi, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  14. IamThee

IamThee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use YouTube for marketing, personally I find it easiest since my business is in the music/dance/clothing category. Check it out give me some marketing tips or tips on videos.

IamThee, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  15. Opoffers

Opoffers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ill have to agree with everyone here that getting your own domain is step one. Domains are cheap and easy to do.
    Then you need to commit to this blog and keep it updates daily. This is very iportant because the people who you do attract will want updates. Make sure you get their email address so you can give them updates etc... Pic something you either know something about or dont mind doing research on. People read blogs and related articles because they either are asking a question or want to be entertained and blogs that do both are always the best.

As far as promotin your blog. twitter is great, forums, cpcs, article, ebook writting, etc...

Opoffers, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  16. sieghart

sieghart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great unique content that stand out from others is a great way that could help you get more traffic. Social media and social bookmarking sites are a smart way to drive traffic to websites.

sieghart, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  17. kopek

kopek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    On the other technical hand, I'd prefer SEO for organic search traffic. Its always long term if you can maintain it...

kopek, Feb 13, 2013 IP