1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Panda kick online forums..

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ayesha Anam, May 17, 2011.

Ayesha Anam, May 17, 2011 IP
  2. triderma

triderma Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not think so that Google can kick online forum because in forum,we discuss the various topics and improves our knowledge and share information.

triderma, May 17, 2011 IP
  3. searchtechword

searchtechword Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree with triderma..

searchtechword, May 17, 2011 IP
  4. aishalal

aishalal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    Through forum we discuss lots of things. ask problems and get solutions, knowledge exchange. its like help center for most of people regarding their problems, share their opinion on particular topic.
    So, I think Google Panda do not kick online forums. Forum helps to get backlinks so it s important SEO point of view.

Thanks

aishalal, May 17, 2011 IP
  5. sabbienielsen

sabbienielsen Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree with triderma, i don't think so that google kick online forums

sabbienielsen, May 17, 2011 IP
  6. goldensun

goldensun Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that any Google update will overly penalize forums as they contain so much useful information. Often times when I am researching something it will lead to the information being in a forum and it being correct, as someone has asked and answered the exact thing I was looking for.

goldensun, May 17, 2011 IP
  7. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Panda doesnt look at the entire domain but page to page basis. Some forum threads are not as high quality as others are... which deserve to be ranked higher.

The quality guidelines applied to websites are applied to forums as well... and there is nothing to worry about. This is ought to happen :)

Good forums like the one you are discussing on.... wont be hit.... for long :)

C.Rebecca, May 17, 2011 IP
  8. revium

revium Member

Best Answers:
    Hitting forums is collateral damage from the Panda update in my opinion. Forums by nature will have many threads with no replies or thin content, that is just how they function, so I would agree that Panda did not set out to directly penalize them but unfortunately some of them got caught by it. I would think and hope that Google will correct this in their algorithm as time goes by and well moderated forums will continue to exist and do well in the rankings. Of course some of the non-moderated forums filled with spam probably deserved to get penalized though.

I would also say that the Panda update is not solely a page by page update, it does look at the domain overall, otherwise Google representatives (Matt Cutts) would not say that low quality pages on a site can affect the rankings of high quality pages on your site. If all pages were evaluated on a page by page basis then low quality pages on a site would not affect high quality pages.

revium, May 17, 2011 IP
  9. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my forum got affected somehow. it was found lately in the first page yet now in the 3rd page of search result.
    hope they really will fix it.

etc, May 17, 2011 IP
  10. king of darkness

king of darkness Guest

Best Answers:
    Google will not fix your rankings until you make some positive changes in your website which includes generation of fresh and researched base content and keep on changing it because people who post questions and answers are in shape of content so they use to post in thin or weak English which google will not accept, so better keep on changing the content of your forum to get your rankings back on the first page

king of darkness, May 18, 2011 IP
  11. chestercaldwel

chestercaldwel Peon

Best Answers:
    I also agree with all of you. i don't think forums sites got penalized after Google Algorithm update. Forum sites are a great source to enhance knowledge.

chestercaldwel, May 18, 2011 IP
  12. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    WEll ussualy forums have unique content i mean if this is not unique then what is it ?

w3bmaster, May 18, 2011 IP
  13. gamblerseven

gamblerseven Peon

Best Answers:
    me three! i do agree with triderma. Forum is helpful in a way that it helps us to understand some certain issues and topics. On the same thing, we can also make other people learn through our knowledge. Its like giving and receiving information.

gamblerseven, May 18, 2011 IP
  14. serversea

serversea Peon

Best Answers:
    Forums are the best way to learn things by your own. On them, even you get solutions for your big issues as well. So, I do not think forums will be excluded.

It may be the case that they start not counting back links created on discussion forums.

serversea, May 18, 2011 IP
  15. My SEO Pandit

My SEO Pandit Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Panda Updated is only for webpage content and Adsense. If your site has duplicate content then its difficult to optimize and also for adsense.

My SEO Pandit, May 19, 2011 IP