1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making money with a network of sites

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by RileyK, May 16, 2011.

I am trying to increase my online income and want to know if anyone thinks it would be more profitable to manage a network of sites/blogs vs. running single site/blog.

I figure that I would have a higher chance at success if I had a network of sites running. However, I am worried that I would not be able to put enough time into each individual site. Is there anyone who might be able to give me information on how they are able to prioritize the time they spend on their own network of sites to maximize profit? How do you keep content up to date on each site? Do you need to take additional writers? How do you maintain quality content over multiple sites? Is it better to stick to one niche over all your sites?

How do you do anything at the same level with less time to devote to each site?

Any help is good ( :

Thanks
    R

RileyK, May 16, 2011 IP
  2. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    Only you know the answer to that.
    One thing to remember though, if all your sites share the same ip (shared hosting) then linking to each other will mean nothing.

Having one huge blog is better (as long as you have a big following and a lot of subscribers and make a lot of money)
    If you don't have any of the above, one blog is also better.

Once you have a big following you can send your "loyal" readers to your other blogs.

factchecker, May 16, 2011 IP
  3. RileyK

RileyK Peon

Best Answers:
    I see what you are saying about the linking. I like the idea of waiting for a larger "loyal" following and then sending them over to smaller sites a lot more.

Thanks for the advice factchecker ( :

Riley

RileyK, May 16, 2011 IP
  4. Omdayus

Omdayus Peon

Best Answers:
    In managing an online job network sample site / blog, gives us the opportunity to increase revenue, but it requires sufficient time, to keep the content in order to stay up to date so that people do not get bored visiting our site.
    Spending that much time is the key to success.

Omdayus, May 16, 2011 IP
  5. RileyK

RileyK Peon

Best Answers:
    I have noticed that time and dedication is usually a pretty important ingredient for any kind of success ( :

RileyK, May 16, 2011 IP
  6. d35i9n

d35i9n Member

Best Answers:
    You always have to "grease the wheels" so it really gets time consuming if your maintaining a lot of websites

d35i9n, May 16, 2011 IP
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If you are starting out just focus on one site.

dcristo, May 16, 2011 IP
  8. prclicks

prclicks Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it could be great idea to deal with network sites. Good earning in this sector but be careful while you are working with whom. Fraud could be there so be careful guys.

prclicks, May 16, 2011 IP
  9. SteveTasovski

SteveTasovski Member

Best Answers:
    Often ppl are using blog networks to receive their profit at SponsoredReviews or PayPerPost. But you should promote all of them to get PR first.

SteveTasovski, May 17, 2011 IP
  10. nuper17

nuper17 Peon

Best Answers:
    I do have several sites but I am just concentrating on a few that is really making money. Although its a great strategy to increase your online income, you really need more time to devote on your every sites. Otherwise, you are just wasting money from your investments. Freelancing is the best way to cope up with all of your website's content requirements but is also needs financial obligations. So you choose, maintain network of sites that can earn you $10 a day, or concentrate on one single site that can earn $100 a day....Again, all depends on your preferences...

nuper17, May 17, 2011 IP
  11. biztrendz

biztrendz Member

Best Answers:
    Something what most people say: Focus on a single website and make it authority on the internet.

Good point but what if your single site didn't worked for you? What if you are not a good researcher and are unable to figure out which niche is better for you.

Something what I say (my 2 cents): Focus on more than a single site---and more than a single niche.

If you are a good researcher and observer; and can notice the changing trends in online world, then I would surely recommend you to put your eggs in different baskets. This way you'll experience so many helpful things out of few are:

- You'll get to know which niche is good for you and which niche you can work with easily.
    - Having more than a single site means you are dealing with multiple niches and if one niche isn't working for you; you would always have an option to switch to another working niche
    - Your income will be based on the efforts you invest, but just to keep things on average, you will have more earning opportunities with multiple sites. Again, it depends on how you strategies, market and populate your website(s).

NOTE: By multiple sites, I don't mean to go for 10+ & 100+ sites. Start with 3-4 sites and with different niches. Once you are able to figure out which site is doing "great' for you, turn your head towards it.

Hope it helps. Good luck,

biztrendz, May 17, 2011 IP
  12. fourat05

fourat05 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should focus on one site and and put all your energy and investment in it, so it has better chances to makes you a lot of money ! Then once you reach a level when your website can work automatically then you may create an another one with a different niche.

fourat05, May 17, 2011 IP
  13. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you're already questioning having enough time. There is a lot more to a website than just writing. How will people find the site? If you don't factor SEO and marketing into the equation, you might as well not start.

AfterHim.com, May 17, 2011 IP
  14. bargainr

bargainr Peon

Best Answers:
    How many people here answering have single or multiple sites?

bargainr, May 17, 2011 IP
  15. rikz0121

rikz0121 Peon

Best Answers:
    having multiple websites can be time consuming- especially if their in different niches. I'd recommend keeping different niches however as this keeps your profile diverse

rikz0121, May 18, 2011 IP
  16. adb.ee

adb.ee Peon

Best Answers:
    spending your time on one site is going to be your best option. To many sites you just cant always update with new content.

adb.ee, May 19, 2011 IP
  17. faysal969

faysal969 Member

Best Answers:
    I think nobody will be able to give you best answer of your question. You have to find way of best use of your time.

faysal969, May 19, 2011 IP
  18. msk19994

msk19994 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it depends on which niche your site is in if the niche of your one site is developing day by day and you have to update site every day then i must say stick to one site and if u have a niche that doesnt need that much updation then u can run more than 1 site and the main thing is that the niche that you are consuming most of your time on has good traffic

msk19994, May 19, 2011 IP
  19. 420click

420click Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course having one website that makes thousands is ideal and would be easier to manage than having a hundred websites each making some money. But its like winning the lottery, out of the millions and millions of websites less than half a percent are making thousands. You have better odds playing the lottery. So I believe in creating the network, and with hard work and dedication maybe one of your websites will be the lucky one. If not, you will have a nice network of websites that can provide you some nice steady income.

420click, May 20, 2011 IP