1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to list in Dmoz Directory

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by myindiahub, Feb 20, 2011.

1. webdesignkc

webdesignkc Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya there is something funny going on there. I check on some sources, they say im listed, then I go to open directory and I am not listed. They also do not bother to email you and let you know if you made it into the directory or not & why..

webdesignkc, May 16, 2011 IP
  2. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is kind of the public and sometimes webmasters to offer suggestions about which sites we should list, but site owners who suggest do have to realise that DMOZ is not a listing service for them and that any suggestion made that complies with guidelines will get listed, but only when a volunteer editor working in their spare time chooses to work in that section and also chooses to use suggestions. So if a site has been suggested and is guideline compliant it will get listed, but we cannot say when. So what would we tell people if a site is rejected, it was not guideline compliant. Rebuild the site completely and it might be listable. Can you imagine the uproar? And if it is guideline complaint how often do you want us to send emails saying it is still waiting...every day, every week, every month, every year, every decade? We could have ditors doing nothing else but checking up and sending emails out. If you want to speed up the review process then why not offer your spare time and offer to join a valiant group of hobbist editors who do all this work for no paid reward and in their spare time?

Anonymously, May 16, 2011 IP
  3. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The guidelines they are supposed to follow when they suggest a site clearly stats it IS a service, a service what what people may ask... well, to be listed. That is, by definition a listing service!

Heh, they won't have a leg to stand on... look at the uproar now, and you are not even trying!

Though, you really can not speculate, they ODP has never done that. So there is no telling how it'll turn out... unless of course they try.

Well, as sites do sit in there for a decade, at least there would be a good place to start.

Welcome to the web2.0! It can be done via a bot know ya know... and the ODP does have them. It would not take a whole lot to add that chore to Robozilla.

There are many that would disagree with that... on many levels.

Qryztufre, May 17, 2011 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Except that its logical. More hands on deck... more gets done.

sarahk, May 17, 2011 IP
  5. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    I do agree with that...

Its the rewards part that's truly questionable :D ;)

Qryztufre, May 17, 2011 IP
  6. crazytim

crazytim Peon

Best Answers:
    same as me , my one forum also want keep dmoz this is good or pr 2 but from 4 month i submit but dmoz not listed i also want solution

crazytim, May 17, 2011 IP
  7. davidwarner321

davidwarner321 Peon

Best Answers:
    ODP a useful resource expects us to exercise broad editorial delicacy in determining the content and structure of the directory. The discretion extends to what sites to include, where in the directory sites are placed, whether as well as when to include more than one link to a site, when mysterious linking is appropriate, as well as the content of the title as well as description of the site.

davidwarner321, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  8. kiosukia

kiosukia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dmoz editor doesn"t guarantee will review your website.

kiosukia, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  9. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    They review ALL submissions, they just don't guarantee when that will happen!

Qryztufre, Sep 25, 2011 IP