1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any alternatives to Mechanical Turk?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by freedomUSA, May 6, 2011.

There've been a few changes to the rules since the last time I used Mturk and I'm now looking for an alternative. Are there any other services that compare to Mturk in price, reliability and diversity of tasks offered? I need to hire 250-500 people to do 2 quick tasks for around $0.10 a job, but I'm struggling to find somewhere to do that with.

I've been to CrowdCloud, MicroWorkers and one or two others that I don't remember, but none of which match MTurk in anyway. I'm currently checking out MinuteWorkers, it costs a little more than I'd like but it's the closest one I've seen so far.

Are there any others that might be worth checking out?

Places like Elance and Fiverr aren't suitable for what I need, that is to hire a few hundred people each to perform a tiny task. I've seen these mentioned as alternatives elsewhere but they don't offer the same service as Mturk.

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but I could not find anything from the Forum search.

freedomUSA, May 6, 2011 IP
  2. Lahari Technologies

Lahari Technologies Peon

Best Answers:
    Key For Cash

Lahari Technologies, May 16, 2011 IP
  3. HoudiniApp

HoudiniApp Peon

Best Answers:
    Depending on what you are looking for in an alternative, Houdini App (http://houdiniapp.com) may be worth a look. Houdini works like Mechanical Turk, but provides access to curated crowds of pre-vetted workers and a streamlined user interface. It is also available for use by non-US based requesters.

HoudiniApp, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  4. NeilUK

NeilUK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey

This might help you out. It's a link to an article that lists 10 other 'crowdsourcing' sites similar to MTurk:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/142129656/Top-10-crowdsourcing-sites-like-MTurk-online-works

Succeed!

NUK

NeilUK, Mar 17, 2013 IP
  5. donovansly1218

donovansly1218 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello
    I personally use Shorttask and domicrotasks!

donovansly1218, Feb 10, 2015 IP