1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Through Your On Link is Fraud? Chris Farrell Memberhips says it is

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Sickthing, May 10, 2011.

1. pincherplayer

pincherplayer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    LMAO you hit the nail on the head with that comment!

pincherplayer, May 11, 2011 IP
  2. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is not fraud. It says somewhere in the CB terms that it is allowed. Check yourself first though, I don't have them handy right now.

Pffft, I've sent traffic to his program and never converted a single one! It took him forever to change his landing page to something better than a page with a billion links too! lol

Save your money and learn the info somewhere else.

rolf, May 12, 2011 IP
  3. muyenp

muyenp Peon

Best Answers:
    I purchased through my own link once to avoid being penalized for my account being dormant for over 90 days. I didn't get in trouble for it as far as I know

muyenp, May 12, 2011 IP
  4. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    CB is very careful not to address it specifically on their site.

Sickthing, May 13, 2011 IP
  5. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is the answer from CB, as we all "knew" it is not fraud. It is the purpose of the CDR Rule which I still hate at least to the point it is taken. I don't think it really helps much though. Most newbies don't find that out until after they buy with their own link. :) Our ability to buy through our own link is a problem for promoting CB products in the IM field.

I signed up for e-junkie the other day. I thought I'd give them a try. Not impressed at all. I will cancel it. So, that's why so many of us use CB. CB fees are excessive though. On the other hand there are many things I like about CB.

I hear 2Checkout is okay now but they use to be horrible and I really haven't gotten over that.

I don't trust in house affiliate programs, been shaved by those far too many times.

I have a Paydotcom account. I suppose I should look into it more, first glance is that it looked expensive.

I do like the way CB works. Their lack of a coupon system is troubling.

If I did't own DLguard, I might use e-junkie just for secure delivery. Their interface as an affiliate is a joke and for a seller, I'm not sure but it may be worse. Was not impressed at all. After spending about 30 minutes inside as a seller, I said, nawwww... just not worth it. If I were going to sell an IM product via CB I would assume more than 25% would buy through their own link, set the price accordingly and forget it.

6. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    I also asked CB if it was permissable for their seller to have such a policy, that is a TOS making it a violation of to buy with your own link. CB did address that.

7. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the big launches out there would have a gravity of about 14 if people didn't buy from their own affiliate link.

venrooy, May 13, 2011 IP
  8. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    As I said, you can always just buy it and then immediately refund (and keep the product). That's basically the biggest issue with the way CB's system works.

dlm, May 13, 2011 IP
  9. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    I wish I had a 14 :) I'm number 1 in my niche though. Okay, so it's not a big niche but yesterday I was number 3 in travel. Probably fallen down now. :( I haven't looked.

10. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    He's got good stuff DLM for a newbie. Got a seven day trial cheap too. I was in it but was a bit basic for me. Still I learned a lot and the guy is good at motivation. Was sadden to see this policy though. Oh well, no one is perfect. Actually, he's one of the few MMO folks I trust. And I still do, I just not found of this policy and less fond of someone telling me its fraud. That's a serious word to be tossing around.

11. WordyDivas

WordyDivas Peon

Best Answers:
    I've heard of a couple of people getting in trouble for it. When browsing products I've also noticed a few companies specifically warning affiliates to NOT sign up and purchase the product using their own affiliate link. I'm assuming some sellers have gotten into trouble when too many affiliates do this.

WordyDivas, May 13, 2011 IP
  12. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Reading comprehension FTW!

This is an excerpt from your own e-mail, where clickbank is confirming that buying through your own link is not against TOS, however, if you over do it there might be some issues.

So what if Chris Farrel said it is? If Chris Farrel said you should jump off a bridge, would you do it?

Noone has ever been banned from Clickbank from buying through their links. It something that has been happening for years and years, and everyone is doing it. However, if you constantly buy products and refund them using the same credit card, they will eventually block your credit card, and you won't be able to purchase Clickbank products with it.

As a vendor, I do not practice this, and I purchase the products without an affiliate link. In case they're garbage, I refund them, if not the payment is not refunded.

The whole concept of IM products gaining popularity on Clickbank is people buying through their own links. If they didn't the gurus would get much less exposure, and make much less money.

If you're looking for an alternative to Clickbank, I'd suggest Plimus. Been with them for over 2 years, and they're great!

Ripped, May 14, 2011 IP
  13. USP45

USP45 Peon

Best Answers:
    Plimus? I heard they're scam in many different forums. Also, their fee is too much.

USP45, May 14, 2011 IP
  14. GrandRoyal

GrandRoyal Member

Best Answers:
    Clickbank wants you to promote their products and as far as you do that you can purchase through your own link.

GrandRoyal, May 14, 2011 IP
  15. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been always paid on time, and they accept variety of payment methods that clickbank doesn't such as money order, wire transfer, phone order, and lots of others,
    so literary anyone can purchase something even without paypal and a credit card.

Their fees are a bit steep, only slightly higher than Clickbank.

They're a solid alternative to Clickbank, and not a scam. You'll read everything on the internet, try typing clickbank scam on google, you'll find thousands of sites from both customers and affiliates stating that Clickbank is a scam.

Ripped, May 14, 2011 IP
  16. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    Geesh, CB fees are high enough. :) I suspect my product will be falling off the top selling lists as I'm going to start promoting it on my page via Paypal. Why am I giving the processor twice as much as I need too. They don't deliver it for me. At least e-junkie will do that.

Well, until I do something that causes Paypal to ban me. Actually, that very thing is causing me a great deal of hesitation. I think I'll add a support desk before I make the change just to help with that, a little. I'm worried someone will be to lazy to ask for a refund and just do a charge back.

Never had one on CB but I'm sure there will be a first time. I wonder if you could defend a charge back if the customer never asked for a refund. Probably wouldn't matter with Paypal. Hmmm, now I've about talked myself out of it.

How could a seller get into trouble from people buying threw their own links? There is squat they can do about it.

BTW, Chris Farrell didn't tell me that, one of his support staff did. It is his policy though, a person can have any policy they like, regardless of how futile it might be. I've got four CB accounts, three that have met the CDR. That last one took forever because people kept using paypal.. grrrrr Oh well the check was nice once it came.....

Sickthing, May 14, 2011 IP
  17. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

If you're serious about making money, you shouldn't worry about CDR. It usually takes less than 10 sales to meet the CDR.

Chargebacks shouldn't be a worry. Chargebacks are very rare. If you have a solid product , and give refunds to the customers that request them, you will probably have a refund rate of 0.1% to 0.5%
    Only vendors with outright crappy products should worry about this

Ripped, May 15, 2011 IP