1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[HOW] Report cloaked pages to Google?

Discussion in 'Google' started by webcabbie, May 13, 2011.

So i have a G alert set for my keywords.. every day it finds these weird pages for me that 404.

I finally figure out that if I change my useragent to the G spider I can see them and they are more or less link farms on throw away domains.

How do I go about reporting this to G?

Also another one of my competitors sites is still showing in the top 10 even though his index page has been 404 for a month now. Can I force a recrawl somehow or is there a way to just report that too.. ? I`m knocking myself out trying to compete if not white hat at least Vanilla and these guys are ranking using dirty tricks and bvllshit tricks.

webcabbie, May 13, 2011 IP
  2. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Brandon Sheley, May 13, 2011 IP
    webcabbie likes this.
  3. saqib889

saqib889 Peon

Best Answers:
    How come are you sure that those guys are using black hat ways? any conformity?

saqib889, May 13, 2011 IP
  4. webcabbie

webcabbie Active Member

Best Answers:
    So I`m not sure if you read my actual post but this is the story. I have google alerts set for my keywords. When I get those google alerts I look at each and every page in hopes I can place some kind of legitimate link back to my sight. If I can not there is usually valuable research on the page.

I kept geting links in these Google alerts that went to a 404 page. This has been going on for 2 years now. Last month I read about user agents for the first time. I installed a FF plugin that allows you to fake your user agent so that the web page you visit believes the Google spider has stopped in. Now when I look at these pages I see keyword rich spun articles with pictures that have alt text of my targeted keyword mish mashed together with seemingly no rhyme or reason to them. I am someone who is really into my keyword. I read and talk about it all day. Its my lifestyle,hobby, and passion all rolled together. I even met my wife through my interest and employment involving this keyword. Even to someone so fixated as I am on this keyword these pages have NO VALUE. Some of them even use snippets of content taken from my sites. Not enough to bother with DMCA complaints.. besides would these people care about losing a free domain? They are just pages meant to serve as a link boost for SERPs. Correct me if I am wrong but this is the very definition of "Black Hat" is it not?

webcabbie, May 14, 2011 IP