1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I introduce a sub-domain blog under my main domain html site

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by China_girl, May 5, 2011.

Hi friends,

I am working on one of my new sites in html, this site is not in wordpress. However I am thinking of attaching a blog to this site, where I can write articles regarding the niche on a daily basis. Now should I do this blog in a sub domain or under the same main domain ?

I would like to view my blog something like this : mydomain.com/blog
    Also can I setup and use this blog in wordpress, even though my whole site is on html ?

China_girl, May 5, 2011 IP
  2. Mister Lancer

Mister Lancer Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can do that. It will be easier to do this using cPanel. If you install a wordpress using autoinstaller such as fantastico or Softaculous, this script will ask you which directories for this new installation. Just name the new directory as "blog" and your wordpress blog will be mydomain.com/blog instead of blog.mydomain.com (subdomain).

Mister Lancer, May 5, 2011 IP
  3. rajwebwiz

rajwebwiz Peon

Best Answers:
    You may do it If your blog is in the same niche or related to the main site
    otherwise also you CAN do it.. but I dont recommend it.

rajwebwiz, May 6, 2011 IP
  4. srisen2

srisen2 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes i would also recommend using an auto installer they are great and will give you options you didnt know you had before, they usually offer 50-150 applications to pick from

srisen2, May 12, 2011 IP
  5. aproxaday

aproxaday Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can easily do this. Like Mister Lancer said, the easiest way is using CPanl and Fantastico. From there it's pretty easy, just follow the instructions

aproxaday, May 12, 2011 IP