1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to get listed in DMOZ

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by twgil, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    More heat then what's happening now? Seems a bit off to me, but if you say so...

Tinkering will not get it accepted? Strange that... are you saying if I have a few dead links, and get those cleared up, it's still a no go? If I submit to regional, get rejected, add in my address, and it's still never gunna be seen?

Again, seems a bit off to me...

In MANY cases, a simply 'hey, your site was not accepted due to this or that simple reason' would be all it would take for the submitter to understand why it was rejected, and should the submitter be the webmaster, it would then allow them to fix any issues... but then, that's not the case by your logic is it? Your logic seems a bit off, so maybe if your logic is what is running the ODP that's why there is sooooo much heat.

Qryztufre, May 12, 2011 IP
  2. ksi98

ksi98 Peon

Best Answers:
    At the Resource Zone.com I found

"As of May 21, 2005, we do not provide submission status checks in any of the forums at Resource-Zone. Please see the announcement about this."

I suppose it's mean that we are not able to know whether a site rejected or is awaiting to review in the suggestions pool? Generally, services inform their users of suggestion status by email... but not in this case

Last edited: May 12, 2011
    ksi98, May 12, 2011 IP
  3. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Generally most directories exist to give some value to the sites listed and are for webmasters to use them in that way. Not so DMOZ, as I said earlier it is not set up to add value to any site, nor as a listing service, but DMOZ invites the general public and webmasters to suggest suitable, guideline compliant sites for consideration. We do not expect that sites will only be suggested by their owners. Our aim is to build categories for those who wish to surf the net using categorised data. The time taken to achieve a review is also because this style of directory, which is pretty unique, is built by people who collect and collate sites as their hobby for the benefit of end users. Because that time lapse can be several years editors could spend their time responding to webmasters questions about their site and trying to cool the heat generated by the delay and rejections. I have also said on here many times before that I would turn the suggestions off and expect editors to find the sites they list themselves entirely, they can at present build categories and ignore the suggestions pool if they wish. But I lost that debate.

I have also indicated that you can check for yourself and if your site is guideline compliant it will be listed....but it may take several years.

Anonymously, May 12, 2011 IP