1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help getting listed in Google.com

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by JamesColin, May 11, 2011.

Hello,
    I need help in getting listed on Google.com or Google.fr for this site: http://www.administration-francaise.com it is online since a few months but still doesn't get ANY visitor from Google. You can see I've set up a stats web tracker on it recently:
    http://extremetracking.com/open;ref1?login=admifran

I've done a sitemap at http://www.administration-francaise.com/sitemap.xml and I have submitted it and verified ownership of the site at google webmaster tools.

But still nothing shows up when typing: http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&...=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=83cdbc92ed5cf93c

I have made links to the site from several other sites which are not violating google's webmaster guidelines and are for all the family to see.
    The content of the site administration-francaise.com is in french, original not duplicate, and is not illegal.

Do you have any tips to get listed on google? Usually it happens naturally, but for this site it's still not happening after a few months.

JamesColin, May 11, 2011 IP
    China_girl likes this.
  2. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Could be a language barrier. I don't do much with languages other than English, but you have 99 incoming links, that should be enough for google to at least list the site with the site: command.

AfterHim.com, May 11, 2011 IP
    China_girl likes this.
  3. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Try Google Webmaster Tools and add your site on social bookmarking sites like Facebook, Delicious, Digg, Diigo, etc.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
    nihangshah, May 11, 2011 IP
  4. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Only thing could help is getting listed on high traffic sites like digg etc. Usually that helps.

webcosmo, May 11, 2011 IP
    China_girl likes this.
  5. Frost1

Frost1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Frost1, May 11, 2011 IP
  6. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    China_girl, May 11, 2011 IP
  7. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello, I have submitted by hand to google, also register to webmaster tools, geolocalised the site, added the sitemap.xml, I see the bot crawling the site in the logs, it is also displayed in webmaster tools that google is crawling since several months, but still nothing with the site: command.

Also, I did submit it to social bookmarking and relatively high traffic sites for the french market.
    Thanks for your replies, I think I'll just try doing more of what you adviced and then suddenly google will start display the site and send in visitors.

JamesColin, May 12, 2011 IP
  8. TimHillSEO

TimHillSEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This looks to me like nothing to do with links - red herring.

Google searches and indexes sites which have content which is original. From what I can see your website is just feeds from other websites and some ads. Now if the other websites made the original content and Google has indexed those then why should it bother to index duplicate copies (which is what your site is)?

Make sense?

TimHillSEO, May 12, 2011 IP
  9. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As I said the content is original, not duplicate. Some posts are very short and link to another website (government sites) and other posts are long and explain everything in details. I don't see why it looks to you as being "just feeds from other websites and some ads". There's nothing coming from other websites's RSS feeds and yes there are google ads, of course I would say, althought I could have waited for traffic before showing them.

So doodled, this is not the reason, if I had a site made from feeds and google wouldn't index it, I would not have created a thread on DP about it.

10. goldensun

goldensun Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if you are specifically targeting France then I would use a .fr domain extension and ideally host in France, also I think there is somewhere in Google Webmaster tools where you can tell it to specifically target a region/language.

Looking at the main keywords for your sites, are you ranking at all for them? Is this a highly competitive niche?

goldensun, May 12, 2011 IP
  11. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Goldensun you don't seem to have understood, I'm not ranking for any keyword since my site is not appearing anywhere on google, even with a simple site: command.
    Of course ideally a .fr but I'm boycotting this extension, they will never have me as a customer, I have my own historical reasons. And I'm ranking very fine for other french websites always in .com and hosted in the US it's not a problem.
    In Google webmaster tools I have specify that this site should be geotargeted in France. But it isn't indexed in google.fr or google.com

That's my issue here, simply getting indexed/listed on google, usually I don't have this problem Google indexes the site as soon as I make a link to it from one of my other sites. But this time there's nothing I do which unblocks the situation.

12. haraa0

haraa0 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just did some playing around with ur website, Even ur On page Optimization is not Good..

Tell me ur e-mail address, I will send U the report :-D

U can have a look...

haraa0, May 12, 2011 IP
  13. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    haraa0 I'm not concerned about optimization, just would like it to be indexed like most webpages in the world :)
    I'll optimize it, maybe, after.

14. goldensun

goldensun Peon

Best Answers:
    Well looks like the site has been de-indexed then or rather never indexed in the first place.

If you have done nothing controversial with this domain and were the first owner, then I can only assume that it is something to do with the actual name of the domain, which is triggering the lack of inclusion. If it is the latter then new domain is the only option I see.

goldensun, May 12, 2011 IP
  15. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Never indexed in the first place is my problem as stated not clearly in the first post.

I've looked in archives.org and it looks like nobody ever bought this domain before. But haven't yet looked into whois history (to be honest I don't know where to look for whois history for free)

Perhaps I should ask for re-inclusion via google webmaster tools, but I've never used it and as far as I remember this is only for site being blacklisted and the webmaster asking for re-inclusion after writting what he had done wrong and how he corrected this. Wouldn't apply for my case but I could try that too.

16. haraa0

haraa0 Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope theer are no links on ur website that are No follow Google Bot codes..

haraa0, May 12, 2011 IP
  17. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, no links have nofollow, the robots.txt does allow every bots to crawl, I have nothing bad in the htaccess, it's standard stuff like on my other sites. I don't know, in fact I haven't even a clue that I could suggest here, that's why I'm asking for help, I'm totally in the dark about this issue.

18. Yedi

Yedi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just took a look at the source of your website.

If your site is new and not even indexed I was amazed by the quantity of the google ads on your site.

I'd suggest you two changes - 1. decrease the number of your ads. no more than 3 blocks per page

2. rebuild your site on wordpress instead of drupal because google loves wordpress more and you may have a variety of SEO plugins (I don't know exactly how many are for use at drupal)

Yedi, May 12, 2011 IP
  19. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yedi, I agree that I have the number of ads that I usually put on all my sites, 3 adsense blocks and 3 adlinks blocks. That's it.

About your recommendation to rebuild the site on wordpress this is complete nonsense with all respect due to you, Drupal is superior to wordpress not only in my mind and I've done all my sites with drupal, so that's totally out of the question and it has nothing to do with the issue I have at hand with this site.. There are SEO modules for drupal, but my problem is not to optimize seo for my site, but simply have google start to index at least the homepage.

I guess nobody knows anything about my issue, so I can only wait more :)

20. goldensun

goldensun Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.domaintools.com/research/whois-history/?q=administration-francaise.com&page=results

At the bottom it shows the domain history for this domain, so if you have owned it for this year then I don't think anyone else had it. If you have not then it could be the previous owner got it banned from the index, this would explain why you were able to pick it up soon after it was created.

I have never had experience with this but I would assume that Google Webmaster tools would tell you if you were banned from the index. I assume also that you have checked all the diagnostics tab to see that you do not have malware installed.

goldensun, May 13, 2011 IP