Can a non-American open an American bank account?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by centrinoo, May 6, 2011.

Hi all,

As the title says, can a non-American (as in not living in the USA, open a bank account in America?

If so, which banks allow this? Ideally the bank has Internet Banking facilities that allows the non_US person to transfer money from that account to a bank account in the person's home country, and send a visa card to person's house

Does anyone have any idea if this can be done?

centrinoo, May 6, 2011 IP
  2. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As you are not living in USA,you can open US bank account if you have any relatives living in USA ;)

Card, May 6, 2011 IP
  3. Patsy2010

Patsy2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to find a U.S. resident who is willing to do this for you. That's the only way to do it legally.

Patsy2010, May 7, 2011 IP
  4. knowing25

knowing25 Member

Best Answers:
    Is there no bank in your country, why you have make your self difficult, put your money in your local bank make your nation get profit, easy to complaint and if you ask for USA bank account because of you want do business with them, why them put you in big problem. So my opinion is go to your local bank and put your money there.

knowing25, May 8, 2011 IP
  5. Shafiq Kamal

Shafiq Kamal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can open US Bank account without visiting USA or without any help of friends or relatives. I am selling a PDF guide ebook which has 8 US banks info for Non US Residents. Price is $29.95. If anyone need PM me or email me to

Shafiq Kamal, May 8, 2011 IP
  6. LawNorder

LawNorder Peon

Best Answers:
    there are some thing called Payroll acc. they can be used for fulfill ur requirements

LawNorder, May 9, 2011 IP
  7. merchantgrl

merchantgrl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The US Patriot Act created new regulations for the finance industry regarding customer identification. As a result, whoever is signing must also provide identifying information, in many cases, that application requests your social security number, thus the problem for non-US citizens. The act itself does not specifically require a social security number.

What it requires:
    The rule requires that financial institutions develop a Customer Identification Program (CIP) that implements reasonable procedures to:
    1) Collect identifying information about customers opening an account
    2)Verify that the customers are who they say they are
    3)Maintain records of the information used to verify their identity
    4)Determine whether the customer appears on any list of suspected terrorists or terrorist organizations

Collecting information:
    As part of a Customer Identification Program (CIP), financial institutions will be required to develop procedures to collect relevant identifying information including a customers name, address, date of birth, and a taxpayer identification number for individuals, this will likely be a Social Security number. Foreign nationals without a U.S. taxpayer identification number could provide a similar government-issued identification number, such as a passport number.

Banks don't want to be liable to search the world to find out if someone is a suspected terrorist. Do you really want a bank account, or do you want a business account? Be sure to specify that when you search for a solution.
    For more information, read the Customer Identity Verification Requirements under Section 326 of the USA PATRIOT Act.

Christine
    3D Merchant Services

merchantgrl, May 9, 2011 IP
  8. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    HSBC and City bank give this service.

blog8491, May 10, 2011 IP
  9. stevenson.work

stevenson.work Peon

Best Answers:
    Payroll accounts are used for this purpose I guess . Still not legitimate I guess .

stevenson.work, May 10, 2011 IP
  10. oistis

oistis Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Me too think HSBC as in tv ads they say your global local bank

oistis, May 11, 2011 IP
  11. Shafiq Kamal

Best Answers:
    HSBC US bank account can NOT be opened for PayPal, eBay, Amazon etc online business pupose. HSBC and CitiBank's requirements are very high and fees are also very high. So it may not serve your purpose unless you are a millionaire.

Shafiq Kamal, May 12, 2011 IP
  12. bnathan

bnathan Peon

Best Answers:
    it's difficult, but you can. You'll absolutely need someone in the US to vouch for you (co-sign and show up in person). The easiest way is to pay someone to open one in his/her name and then use it yourself (have them send the debit cards to you)...

bnathan, May 15, 2011 IP
  13. Shafiq Kamal

Best Answers:
    You can open US bank account without anyone's help from US. Check my signature link. You will know how to open US bank account as non-US resident without anyone's help.

Shafiq Kamal, May 15, 2011 IP
  14. fourat05

fourat05 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that your method will work in Tunisia !!

fourat05, May 17, 2011 IP
  15. Shafiq Kamal

Best Answers:
    Well, there are 8 banks info. You better buy the ebook and read it. Check everything and if you think it won't work for you then ask refund within 48 hours. Normally 24 hours refund time. but for you it is 48 hours from the purchase time. Also mention me that you are from Tunisia when you purchase, so I can give you special instruction.

Shafiq Kamal, May 17, 2011 IP