1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hillarious experience with 1and1.com for domain registration

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by psharma, May 7, 2011.

I was till now a fan of 1and1.com for its always best domain names prices. I used to recommend it to everyone who wanted to register a domain at guaranteed lowest prices with free whois, no hideen fees, no icann fees and without any need to search a good discount code. I have purchased domains for as low as $0.99 myself and current price of .com is $7.99 which is too one of the cheapest.

But a couple of days back, I registered a domain with them. Their biggest -ve is that they take so much time to activate anything you ordered, domains or hosting. But this time they acted hilariously slow, 48 hours after the order completion I saw no update and no email. When I contacted their support ( which is still not replied BTW ) I received my confirmation email and found the domain in my account. But I was shocked to see its status.
    "Already registered" I think I dont need to say anything after that to convince you how frustated I felt to see this. My Credit card was still charged which added to my frustation.

I am trying to contact their support for a refund now. And I would never recommend 1and1 again to anyone.

psharma, May 7, 2011 IP
  2. crazy.works

crazy.works Peon

Best Answers:
    1and1 sucks, i ordered host from them once and i got the worst service.

crazy.works, May 7, 2011 IP
  3. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I received a new email from them which says
    if you will take more than 48 hours to process an order, someone else would grab that domain for sure.

psharma, May 7, 2011 IP
  4. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also have heard many negative reviews about 1and1.com by many people on dpa s well on other forums.It is best to use Registrars like Godaddy,Name,Namecheap etc where also domain registration prices are less as like in 1and1.com :)

Card, May 7, 2011 IP
  5. tacodomains

tacodomains Active Member

Best Answers:
    They burned me several years back. I had a larger number domains with them and put in a cancel request because I did not want to renew them but they renewed them anyway. I had to do a chargeback with my credit card company and finally got the money back but their billing and cancellation process was a real pain. I hope they have gotten better by now, but since that time I've never dealt with them again.

tacodomains, May 7, 2011 IP
  6. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Guess what I recieved my invoice just now. They know it very well that the domain is not available, but still completing whole process ( at its own snail pace ) of completing the order and deducting the money.. And no reply yet from the support.

psharma, May 7, 2011 IP
  7. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    1and1.com is a piece of crap, it's always been like that for many years. Also they are scammers who lost their ICANN accreditation. Why would you even use them or recommend then? There are way better companies with similar rates as $7.99 out there.

htmlindex, May 7, 2011 IP
    psharma likes this.
  8. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I recieved reply to my first support ticket now and it is even more frustating brainless reply.

Nothing stated about my actual question and about my transaction. They told me what I already know ( and everyone else can easily know too )

psharma, May 8, 2011 IP
  9. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    wow so a domain registrar which registers domains manually lol

Bohra, May 8, 2011 IP
    psharma likes this.
  10. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    and that too with a little staff which is illiterate. Each support ticket takes 48 hours to process. Payments and refunds take more than that.

I am still waiting for refund, however they have confirmed that they are refunding. I think they charge Credt cards manually too :p

psharma, May 8, 2011 IP
  11. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    lol sad you should stick too the good registrars like namecheap name domainsite etc atleast they are instant

Bohra, May 8, 2011 IP
  12. atcweb

atcweb Peon

Best Answers:
    what a sad story
    I like Godaddy because of there fast service and support and good prices ( if u use coupons ! )

atcweb, May 9, 2011 IP
  13. save

save Active Member

Best Answers:
    They have long being known as one of the worst domain registers around for many reasons, so slow, useless support etc. You should have seen this coming and I hope you get your money back but you won't get the stress you had over this back.

save, May 9, 2011 IP
    psharma likes this.
  14. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    waiting for refund even after 2 weeks of so called nothing purchased.

psharma, May 18, 2011 IP
  15. pendle

pendle Peon

Best Answers:
    Last year I registered my (rare) surname in the .NAME TLD with 1&1.
    About 12 hours later, I received a strange email from them saying that someone else had registered the name before me. They still haven't refunded me, and I still have a contract on my list for that domain.
    Has anyone else experienced this?

pendle, May 28, 2011 IP
  16. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I can feel your frustration. their support is dumb and no authority is there you can complaint about them. you must file a credit card chargeback though.

psharma, May 28, 2011 IP
  17. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same thoughts here besides my other fave, Godaddy, that has been sooooo slow for months in delivering good deals that I went back to 1&1.

But I don't see why this is so funny bearing in mind that I just registered a domain and there was not a 48 hours delay... They took a whole week!!!

I had forgotten the registration and truly sad because I thought I had lost the chance to register a very good dot COM, but surprisingly, they kept the name until it was succesfully registered.

This is to me more than funny, truly weird!

Mystique, May 29, 2011 IP
    psharma likes this.
  18. buyog

buyog Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They will definitely give you a refund since the domain was not registered with them,
    I heard they had problems lately with domain registration that took a while

buyog, May 29, 2011 IP
  19. superfrankie

superfrankie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1&1, DotEasy and Yahoo Domains are some worst examples of Web services never go with them nor their stupid scams like .99 domains

superfrankie, May 29, 2011 IP
  20. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    not only with domain registrations they are known to hold your money for any purchase you made including domains and hosting. their contracts are most weird too.

psharma, May 29, 2011 IP