1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No more babes on the beach!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Will.Spencer, Oct 22, 2006.

Islamic Court Bans Women from Mogadishu Beach

MOGADISHU, Somalia — An Islamic court banned women from swimming at the main beach in the capital to keep women from mingling with men, an official said Friday.

"We stopped women from swimming because it is against the teaching of Islam for women to mingle with men, especially while they are swimming," said Sheikh Farah Ali Hussein, chair of a northern Mogadishu Islamic court.

Somali women usually swim fully clothed. Somali men, however, swim in trunks, at times bare-chested or wearing vests.

Will.Spencer, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  2. riotz

riotz Peon

Best Answers:
    Just too many human rights violating pieces of crap to bomb into the stone ages these days. Can't get to 'em all. I'm sure they're on the list, though. Kind of makes me understand why the military (Canadian that is) beat and tortured a few of them while they were there years ago, though. Hard to respect a country full of men like that.

riotz, Oct 22, 2006 IP
    mixke likes this.
  3. Dead Corn

Dead Corn Peon

Best Answers:
    I for one am GLAD there will be no more women on our beaches, especially those ones with their long silk-ugly hair, let alone in those bikinis things, showing off their silly useless breasts.

I hate when they smile at me too, making me feel like that inside.

Without all them on the beach I could focus all my attention on God and beheading that guy from down the street... the one who owns the smoke shop and smells so funny, the kind'a funny I don't like...

I could ponder the best time to blow up the grocer who talks like he's from some other country or something, and I know he ain't from around here, I'll cut his head off too... I'll blow him up and cut his damn head off...or that damn neighbor of mine with that stupid looking hat he wears, I'll blow his god-damned head off too, and BAN THAT STINKING ROTTEN MUSIC he played all day long.

Of course then I'll have to hunt down the musicians and kill them too... AND their families, unless they submit proclaiming my music the only music... And then I won't have to hear that crap anymore, anywhere, wherever I am...

And then I'll take over the whole town, street by street, then county by county, state by state, so on till the whole world appreciates my music and nobody elses...

Otherwise I'll f-----g blow 'em up, and cut their f-----g ugly f-----g little ugly f-----g heads off!!!

C---------s and f-----s they are!!! All of them!!!

Damn, whew... It's so good that men can glory in themselves and think about all these important things without all that damn distraction from all those feminin types...

I'm just happy I don't live to make one of them silly little creatures we used to allow on the beach particularly proud of me in absolutely everything I do, everything I think, and everything I dream.

Dead Corn, Oct 22, 2006 IP
    mixke and (deleted member) like this.
  4. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's easy to see why some cultures fail to advance well in many areas. When you hold women back or out of society, you are killing off 50% or so of the population. That's a pretty serious handicap to overcome.

marketjunction, Oct 22, 2006 IP
    mixke likes this.
  5. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is more than that breeding in somalia. Islamists are half ready for jihad.

Arnie, Oct 22, 2006 IP
    mixke likes this.
  6. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All I know is, if women want to trot around in skimpy bikinis, and I don't have to pay to watch, more power to em!

Why can't islam ban fat guys wearing speedos or something. something that makes sense for a change :p

lorien1973, Oct 22, 2006 IP
    mixke likes this.
  7. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Somalia, Eritrea, Ethiopia -
    - will soon have massive jihads.

Some good news though
    However, many Muslims in the region have condemned the violence against Christians and some have refused to go to Mosques. According to ICC, 47 Muslim leaders became Christians and renounced Islam stating, “If Islam means killing innocent brothers and sisters – we do not want to follow it!”

Arnie, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  8. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Its been brewing for a while over there. I posted a story 4-5 months ago about how its coming. Seems like the whole world is going to the un-civilized.

9. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Looks like I can cross Somalia off of my list of possible 2007 Summer vacation spots. :rolleyes:

Crazy_Rob, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  10. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Find out more about the region here.
    http://www.persecution.org/suffering/index.php - don't click the petition link, it causes your compouter to stop to work. I tried it 2 times and had to restart. All other links are OK though. I reported the issue to them.

Arnie, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  11. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It started allready this morning

MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) -- Scores of residents of a southern Somalia town began fleeing early Sunday, fearing renewed fighting between government forces and their rivals, Islamic militiamen who control the capital and much of southern Somalia, witnesses said.

Arnie, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  12. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So banning swimming on the beach is a human rights violation? Is that what you're saying? :D

yo-yo, Oct 22, 2006 IP
    mixke likes this.
  13. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Yo is in favor of segregation? Telling some people they can go swimming where they want, but others can't. Not surprising.

14. Grafstein

Grafstein Peon

Best Answers:

Ignorance at its best.
    These people are just contradicting themselves.

Grafstein, Oct 22, 2006 IP
    mixke likes this.
  15. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It was a shitty thing to do, but with darfur going on, this is so miniscule it's not even worth mentioning.. and he's talking about bombing them into the stone age :rolleyes:

yo-yo, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  16. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    What about post-op transvestites?

T0PS3O, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  17. Grafstein

Grafstein Peon

Best Answers:
    it is worth mentioning,peoples freedom is being breached here.

Grafstein, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  18. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    darfur started out small too, yo. don't you recognize the trends around the world? islamists taking control in a bunch of shit hole countries and immediately taking away freedoms. Its a frightening trend; and the more countries they take hold of, the higher likelihood it has to come here even more. But, hey, its too small to worry about.

19. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    There are a few beaches in Michigan where I wouldn't mind seeing this "law" enforced. :eek:

Crazy_Rob, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  20. edD

edD Peon

Best Answers:

To be honest, I think I'd care more if it were Swedish chicks they were trying to keep from wearing bikinis.

edD, Oct 22, 2006 IP