1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does hosting a blog on blogger imply non serious blogging

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by ranjithsf1, May 6, 2011.

I ask this question because I have recently read in an e book written by one of the top blogger who blogs about blogging that one should be able to spend 20$(a small amount) for hosting and domain since only hobbyists prefer free platform like blogger and wordpress. I host my blog on blogger but still I am serious abut blogging. moreover spending 20 dollars a month is not a small amount for me.

ranjithsf1, May 6, 2011 IP
  2. Michaelii

Michaelii Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    With due respect, I disagree with the expert. A blog is as good as its content: If the content is good, a reader will come back and vice versa.

Michaelii, May 6, 2011 IP
  3. bbrian017

bbrian017 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I woud agree with Michaelii, the expert is probably saying that because their e-book has affiliate links to hosting and domain name purchased with Commission Junction. I'm the owner of a large social network of bloggers and I've seen so many great looking blogs on blogger and wordpress

bbrian017, May 6, 2011 IP
  4. SSC

SSC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its always advisable to use your own domain to be on a safer side and also it looks more professional
    i would recommend using your own domain but you can use hosting provided by blogger so, you won't have to spend every month on the hosting part
    you just have to purchase a domain name and you are done!

SSC, May 6, 2011 IP
  5. News Editor

News Editor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, only a domain name is necessary. Blogger hosts all your blogs for free. So, you need only the domain name which you can buy at as low as $2 up to $13 per year. No hosting fees required.

News Editor, May 6, 2011 IP
  6. DeluxeNames.com

DeluxeNames.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, the above poster is right. Only a domain is needed, there are so many free hosts out there that are reliable. For example, www.DHost.info, or simply have blogger host the blog for you and use your domain. Otherwise, if someone doesn't believe in their blog enough to spend $8/year for a domain, then their blog is not worth my time either.

DeluxeNames.com, May 6, 2011 IP
  7. sharkshooter11

sharkshooter11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I agree wid you. but, the most important is that you should have an ADMINISTRATIVE CONTROL over the blog and the domain name, bcoz a free host has full control over your blog n its traffic. so, better promote your own domain with a web host. And, yes i truly agree that you are investing $20 per month, which is not a small amount, so i advice to spend this on a domain name that you own. You can try a domain company that provides .com for just $7/yr. if interested will PM you

sharkshooter11, May 7, 2011 IP
  8. mike323

mike323 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely not. I've seen some political bloggers with free blogs at Blogger who have been on news shows to discuss politics. It just depends on how good a blogger you are.

mike323, May 9, 2011 IP
  9. ranjithsf1

ranjithsf1 Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by 'political bloggers'?

ranjithsf1, May 9, 2011 IP