1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

duplicate content

Discussion in 'Google' started by intuitive, Apr 28, 2011.

1. protea

protea Peon

Best Answers:
    Or just rewrite PLR articles - for the user original content is, of course, best.

protea, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  2. aguswgs

aguswgs Peon

Best Answers:
    The duplicate content issue is a very important one. From my experience, your pages which have duplicate content will go straight into the supplemental index of Google. Consequently, they will not rank for any keyword. Before you put an article live on one of your sites, I really recommend to check it with copyscape. Also, you are better off if you don't submit to article directories. I have just started a site about satellite television, and I haven't submitted any articles to directories. The result? the pages start ranking immediately, and even though it's a new site, it already ranks 3rd for a few keywords. The conclusion? Avoid duplicate content at all costs!

aguswgs, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  3. malcon

malcon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Content Suggestion, this is the new black as Content Marketing

Content marketing has become central to digital marketing strategy. Its objective is simple: create genuinely useful or entertaining content for many specific niches of your target audience-not to overtly promote your business, but to build rapport and brand equity-and give it away for free

KR

malcon, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  4. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ezine is supposed to review their articles for quality...

but google panda even affected them...

So what was google trying to tell ezine?

dscurlock, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  5. marknel

marknel Active Member

Best Answers:
    marknel, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  6. SeoCat

SeoCat Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course it amounts to plagiarism..it is duplicate content after all. Alicia has explained it well enough.

SeoCat, Apr 30, 2011 IP
  7. sleuth1

sleuth1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It may be correct that very sophisticated spinner software will make it hard for Google to identify original and duplicate material, but in most cases it is repetitive enough to raise other flags, such as having a lot of the same links out, affiliate links, spammy titles etc. Original content writers may use spinning software with care and "intelligence" rather than for fast reproduction, that's another matter. If you start with someone else's product then it's asking for trouble.

sleuth1, Apr 30, 2011 IP
  8. DhrubaJyotiDeka

DhrubaJyotiDeka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Article Spinner itself a blackhat method.

More to say, if you check properly Google or any Copy check search engines marks a content as duplicate even if it finds duplicate 6/7 contineous words.

DhrubaJyotiDeka, Apr 30, 2011 IP
  9. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If it is 100% cs pass and add some point on it, then it will be fine. Don't use spinner, always try manual rewrite

lifeplayer, Apr 30, 2011 IP
  10. Seriously

Seriously Member

Best Answers:
    OK, as you probably know, if you spin it so that is is 70% PLUS different, it is often not considered duplicate. This is why you are doing it.
    Panda Google update may say this about articles, but the reality is that not many of us can write ten fantastic completely original articles a day, so we often turn to spinner etc, because we know that our competitors are doing it. AND maybe generating ten times as many articles.

Perhaps if Copyscape doesn't class it as duplicate, google wont, perhaps you need to post them all at different times -but then again, it will be up to when Google discovers the content anyway.

And yes, if you TAKE the information, only adjust the words, don't reference it, then you are plagiarizing and this is close to stealing and it brings up a moral question as well as if google will find it they may ban you. If you are going to spin, best you use your own research or info and/or quote where you got the idea from. just my view.

Seriously, May 1, 2011 IP
  11. latishwood

latishwood Peon

Best Answers:
    I think its duplicate content and you have to work hard to maintain the fresh content.

latishwood, May 2, 2011 IP
  12. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. No, Google will not consider it as duplicate content. According to Google, if your content is appreciably similar or completely match with the source then it is marked as duplicate provided that you spin it really good.

2. Yes, it is plagiarism! When you imitate others content it is considered as plagiarism!

C.Rebecca, May 6, 2011 IP
  13. HEROTHUY

HEROTHUY Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you copy too articles, Your blog will be in sandbox. :))

HEROTHUY, May 6, 2011 IP
  14. skyhighlnkr

skyhighlnkr Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, google will still index it but to readers - there is no benefit on it. I tried to search articles for a certain keyword and yet found out that there are a lot of duplicate content worst thing is they were not rewritten but still they were indexed...therefore, I think they will still have value but just less to your visitors/readers I think.

skyhighlnkr, May 6, 2011 IP
  15. HEROTHUY

HEROTHUY Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the site copy your content have many backlink than your site.

HEROTHUY, May 6, 2011 IP
  16. aspnaren

aspnaren Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I ll answer your first question and then go for the second one,,
    2.Yeah its still plagiarism
    1.It depends, I think google did not have a efficient algorithm to detect the duplicate content try this out; goto any established review site or news article site copy a part of article and and paste in google search you will see an array of pages with word to word same content indexed by google...

aspnaren, May 6, 2011 IP
  17. omthoke

omthoke Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, what you can really do is that you can take 3-4 related articles, and then reword the best portions from them, and compile an informative article!

Simply reworing won't help - and spinners make things worse! Whether it's counted as plagiarism or not is secondary; such content won't rank well in search engines!

omthoke, May 6, 2011 IP
  18. carterman

carterman Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree unique articles are the way to go,true article spinners these days are very advanced, but they still cannot match the quality of a handwritten article.

carterman, May 6, 2011 IP
  19. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends on how unique the spun article is
    Then again Google is always working on ways to find these things out, and they have stated that they are going after content farms i.e. sites with duplicate content

golfpro1, May 8, 2011 IP
  20. Lincherry

Lincherry Peon

Best Answers:
    But why it's difficult?

Lincherry, May 8, 2011 IP