1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Personalised Product Forum Icons Set Wanted Please!

Discussion in 'Design' started by JPMiddleton, May 5, 2011.

At our site, The Product Forum. We are introducing a set of Forum Icons and would like polished, slick and professional icons similar in quality to that attached below.

column-chart-icon.png

This is our Forum Logo.

View attachment 51493

These are the Categories we would like new logos for, preferably within the following colours - Green, Orange, Black/Grey, Pale Blue.

• Site News & Announcements
    • Blog & Media Postings
    • New Member Introductions
    • Questions, Suggestions & Feedback.
    • Smartphones & Tablets
    • Android
    • Apple/iPhone
    • Desktops
    • Consoles
    • Audio Visual
    • eBooks
    • Financial Forum
    • Retail Discussion
    • Discounts and Coupons
    • Buy, Sell & Trade
    • Referrals
    • Support
    • Promotion
    • Review
    • Off-Topic Discussion
    • Forum fun & Games
    • Sport
    • Multimedia
    • Business, News & Current Affairs
    • Web Discussion

We are willing to pay $10 for the set, and would like a couple of samples of work before we decide to proceed please. Any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
    JPMiddleton, May 5, 2011 IP
  2. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 15
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    This is the services section for design... Are you hiring anyone for anything here or did you mean to post this elsewhere?

xInd, May 5, 2011 IP
  3. JPMiddleton

JPMiddleton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would like someone to design a set of forum icons, this would mean this is the right forum wouldn't it?

4. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 15
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    That to me sounds like a $10 contest. The services forum is where you say, I want to pay somebody to do a job, that person does the job, that person gets paid. If the provider of the service is a good one, they will offer you revisions free of charge to ensure that the end result is favorable.

Personally I think the Cheap section should be for anything under $20, since if you're hiring somebody to work, they need to be making at least minimum wage with their time. However that is not the case, so if you are simply looking to hire somebody for $10 for the job of all those icons custom designed, (or perhaps there's a typo and you meant per logo/icon) then this is the place for it, however hiring somebody for a service does not come with the option of not paying them for their work and that's what your last line projects. Perhaps if you just said that you are looking for good quality work here, and to please discuss the idea or send preliminary sketches for approval before completing each logo - then people wouldn't read that and hear - 'this guy isn't gonna pay'

Anyways, sounds like a fun project, I'm not a designer myself or I would offer to do it, and the designers that work for me don't really do anything for $10 they like larger projects with paychecks, just kinda wanted to help with that last line there, as I fear it will be this thread's demise.
    Best of luck finding the right icons, that was never an easy one for me as a site admin - always wanted them custom made.

xInd, May 5, 2011 IP
  5. JPMiddleton

JPMiddleton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Valid point, OP has been edited.

xInd likes this.