1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Am i going in right direction?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Annie Allen, May 4, 2011.

Recently, I have launched a UK based website and submitted it to Google, but still only eight pages are indexed.

Currently I am doing the following work:

1: submitting my site to UK free directories, and also use directorycritic.com
    2: Place multiple adds on UK free classifieds adds sites.

Please any body tell me that Am I going in right direction or not?
    If you have any suggestion please let me know.

Annie Allen, May 4, 2011 IP
  2. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    make a sitemap for google and other search engines if you haven't already. Other than that post good content, and I'm sure you have heard a thousand times. Social bookmarking, blog commenting, directories (which you are doing...keep the quality ones up) forum signatures, article submissions (time consuming and a somewhat a waste of time if you ask me), grey area link exchange and link wheels, etc...etc.

gameutopia, May 4, 2011 IP
  3. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You need much more then that

And don't ignore international sites.... A Backlink is a Backlink

w3bmaster, May 4, 2011 IP
  4. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i would recommend doing some social submission as well.

webcosmo, May 4, 2011 IP
  5. suichiro

suichiro Peon

Best Answers:
    Generate a sitemap.xml and submit it to Google webmaster tool to notify Google about your site and also for Google to be able to crawl the pages that might not be seen by Google.

suichiro, May 4, 2011 IP
  6. slimcat

slimcat Active Member

Best Answers:
    write a few blog too.

slimcat, May 4, 2011 IP
  7. jinnyshrestha

jinnyshrestha Peon

Best Answers:
    you can submit articles on article marketing sites..

jinnyshrestha, May 4, 2011 IP
  8. tipoo

tipoo Peon

Best Answers:
    try to get a single back link to each page of your site to get fast indexing. dont ignore sitemap.

suggestion:
    make a hub related to your site topic on hubpages and make links to your hole site(if below 15 pages) in content. google love to index authority sites faster than normal. after crawling your hub, google will also found your pages from there. i am sure you will be on google with most of your pages very soon after doing this.

tipoo, May 4, 2011 IP
  9. WishBone

WishBone Peon

Best Answers:
    Social sites are very trendy and surely can help a lot on your site. Make sure you share something interesting and build you network with people who has interest on your topic..

WishBone, May 4, 2011 IP
  10. Seriously

Seriously Member

Best Answers:
    as i am sure if you spend a few moments in here, there are many many paths to site recognition.
    while everyone can cite the ten top methods from directory subs to forum sigs, the big trick is to know which specific sites count, and which methods count the most.
    its getting the mix right and putting your efforts in the right place.
    thats why we keep coming back to this well to see if there is anything we have missed, right?
    when starting out i sitll recommend reciprocal links, as regardless of what people say, this is how the google algorithm was created. Page rank was all about one site giving recognition to another, based on the concept of journal papers. If your site is a spam site, it wont help the other site that trades with it, but two sites that have good info that trade with each other do so because they trust each other. its not an automated one way link. and that what i think can really help you in the early days sir!

Seriously, May 4, 2011 IP
  11. Annie Allen

Annie Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    i am really thankful to have your quick responses of my quires. Considering all answers i have submitted sitemap.xml URL to Google webmaster tool and started social bookmarking for my website. thanks to ''tapoo" who really give me the right way to have atleast a single backlink for every page. kindly let me know about how can i promote my site on social networks and would i be able to get back links if i start tweeting on social networks?

Annie Allen, May 4, 2011 IP
  12. saqib889

saqib889 Peon

Best Answers:
    do blog commenting and directory submission

saqib889, May 5, 2011 IP
  13. Annie Allen

Annie Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also doing directory submission but not commenting on any blog. kindly suggest me that which directories is the best. because i am doing SEO of an UK based mobile application development website, that's why in my opinion that first i submit my URL to UK base directories. tell me that is it correct or not?

Annie Allen, May 5, 2011 IP
  14. balivillaholidays

balivillaholidays Peon

Best Answers:
    So far you're doing the basic of link building. So you're on the right track. Once you do some quantity with that, you should now start with the other link building technique but always consider websites that either have .uk as domain extension or hosted locally in UK.

balivillaholidays, May 5, 2011 IP
  15. tipoo

tipoo Peon

Best Answers:
    to promote on social networks like FACEBOOK, you need lot freinds in your circle.
    what you want from social networks sites? traffic or fast indexing?
    if you want to get back links, try to yahoo buzz, digg and mixx. these sites can help you to index your pages fast. but may be no traffic.
    if you need traffic, Facebook is the best.(you need lot of friends in your circle.) make a page for your site on FB and invite all your friends to that page. also promote your page on popular active groups etc.

tipoo, May 5, 2011 IP
  16. Annie Allen

Annie Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    I have lots of friends in my Facebook ID but I didn't create any fan page to promote my website. I post many times my website link on my wall but I don't get visitors from Facebook. Please tell me in detail that how I can promote my site with Facebook or other social networking sites?

Annie Allen, May 5, 2011 IP
  17. marknel

marknel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, you may have a lot of friends in your personal FB but what can be done when you are promoting your clients fan page ?? If you are a coder it becomes easier when you can add several FB widgets,freebies & share buttons easily.

marknel, May 5, 2011 IP
  18. tipoo

tipoo Peon

Best Answers:
    make a fan page for your site, add link button or widget to your site. invite all your friends to that page and ask them to "like" the page. this is a viral system. when a single facebook user like your page, its mean that every one in that user will see/notify that action taken by that user. hope this is the answer of your question.

tipoo, May 5, 2011 IP
  19. theitom

theitom Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also set up a business page for your website, which you do from within your personal fb account.

theitom, May 5, 2011 IP