1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What features do you look for in a job/career website?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by sabian1982, Nov 2, 2006.

I'm in the process of developing and designing a job/career website. What im trying to gauge at the moment is what are the type of features that people expect or actually use when visiting a job/career website.

Obviously a simple search facility on the index page and and a more advanced search page on an inner page is a given but what about the ability to upload your CV and career articles and advice - does anyone use such features or do most simply search and use email alerts?

What do i need to do to make my job site stand out from the crowd?

sabian1982, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  2. mark_79_smith

mark_79_smith Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the biggest job/career site on the net in the UK at the moment is www . monster . co . uk, take a look and see what they offer

mark_79_smith, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  3. sabian1982

sabian1982 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I already have :) and ive taken a look at a lot of other UK job websites - im obviously aware of the huge number of features that various sites offer - what id like to know is what features people use the most. Is there really any point (for example) having a job articles section detailing what to do in interviews etc if nobody ever reads it?

sabian1982, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  4. webdesignkc

webdesignkc Peon

Best Answers:
    My suggestion would be to NOT just make it plain simple search work and state.. Me personally, when not using know sites like careerbuilders I look for list of industries the job site serves, for instance: Industries: marketing, sales, IT, construction, etc.. Then obviously state or city.. It may be helpful to start locally and gain the crowd of people that know you will have something to offer in their state, great way to get returning loyal visitors that will help spread the word.. That would be my main suggestion, try to be consistent at the areas you are going to cover.. Hope that helps

webdesignkc, May 3, 2011 IP