1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Placement

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by mrdjkcool, Apr 28, 2005.

I have just launched about a month ago an informational website where people can post articles and add information authored from the actual writer.

Its also a place to grab free content.

This site is going to have a partial "win" by offering adsense.

Can anyone have a look at this site and let me know if they think the adsense structure is setup to lend itself to a good click rate?

This is the link: www.infonewsline.com

(Feel free to post articles as well if you desire!)

mrdjkcool, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  2. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    the layout is broken in firefox. download a copy and see it in action

Liminal, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  3. City2

City2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree, the layout is not aligned right in firefox. Firefox is growing and becoming a huge part of the internet and should be optimised for.

City2, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  4. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    I think this post belongs in the website review forum.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Apr 28, 2005 IP
  5. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I notice a lot of sites that have that same problem in Firefox (now that I use it exclusively). I haven't checked anybody's source to see what causes it. I have over 50 sites and not one of them have had the problem. I wasn't designing "for Firefox" when I did my sites.

So what's causing it?

MattL, Apr 29, 2005 IP
  6. mrdjkcool

mrdjkcool Guest

Best Answers:
    I really dont know.... but getting back to my main question. Does anyone have some points on my Adsense banners? Is there a better way to add them to encourage more clicks?

mrdjkcool, Apr 29, 2005 IP
  7. mudnik

mudnik Peon

Best Answers:
    One proven way of placing the ads is to use a box and place it on the topleft hand corner of your article. Make the background the same colour as your page with no borders.

For your ads on the right hand side, try a background and url colour that mirrors your site.

Create different channels for the different configurations and test the results..

mudnik, Apr 29, 2005 IP
  8. justtara

justtara Peon

Best Answers:
    I was really suprised but placing adsense in the middle of the page like they do at www.about.com really improves CTR. Mine more than doubled when I put ads in the middle of the page.

justtara, Apr 29, 2005 IP
  9. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh really Tara, seems its a nice idea to work on. By the way, I think the ads at top of blog posts also work for me well.

maverick, May 1, 2005 IP
  10. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't seem to load your site very well either (I use Firefox). The content is all over the place and when the page first loads, all you see is about a page and half a blank. I have to scroll down a page just to see the "Articles of the Day". It looks like the adsense skyscraper is being pushed up and causing the rest of the page to load below it. Anyway, just an aside to help you troubleshoot.

On to adsense placement. I've agree with the statement from <b>livingwithadd</b>... Integrating your ads into the text is a very good technique. You see it commonly used on most news sites where they will embed an image ad in the article, etc. If you have text/content pages, I would try it out.

Good luck!

my3cents, May 1, 2005 IP
  11. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    One more thing, I think the reason your page is not loading correctly in Firefox might have something to do with your code around the 120x600 ad. Review that area and the comment syntax, etc. On my page, I can see a end comment " --> " show up in front of the 120x600 google ad.

Hope this helps.

my3cents, May 1, 2005 IP
  12. Cozam

Cozam Peon

Best Answers:
    Tara, you said your CTR went up with the ads in the middle - where were you placing your ads before? I have tried the middle format, but my CTR has always been a little less than when I used ads at the top. Did you use an article or other content on your page - if so where was it placed?

Cozam, May 1, 2005 IP
  13. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your page title is [nourl]www.articlewyse.ca[/nourl] but your url is [nourl]http://www.infonewsline.com/[/nourl]... how come?

PS: Your site is not cross browser compatible. You should seriously consider making it display correctly in Firefox, as this browser is taking over the browser world.

NewComputer, May 1, 2005 IP
  14. jeremyalyea

jeremyalyea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would adjust the background and url color of your ads to match your site. I think the location is fine. Also, you should consider placing ads in the middle of your content as someone mentioned before. For a quick example, you can check out one of my pages of adsense in the middle of content.
    Google Adsense in the middle of content

jeremyalyea, May 1, 2005 IP