1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone used Doba.com?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by BoBByCooL, May 3, 2008.

1. stevebay22

stevebay22 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have only heard horror stories about this provider.

stevebay22, May 23, 2010 IP
  2. bluehat09

bluehat09 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to pay $60/month to Doba, other $60/month for a hosted e-commerce website. How much is the price difference? 10-15% max, isn't it? Even 25% is not worth the time.
    If I'll sell $10,000/year I will have $1,000-$1,500 profit/year?! I have to pay $120/month to run this type of business. $120 x 12 = $1440. A good profit of $60/year.
    Of course, if you think you will sell more than $10,000/year ($833/month) with a starting e-commerce website...it's yours to try it and make profit.
    Actually, I don't wanna take this risk. I canceled my trial.

bluehat09, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  3. naciketas

naciketas Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not heard about the name so far. What is the company about? What do they sell?

naciketas, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  4. themyspacebank.com

themyspacebank.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Doba is actually a good reputable company, not sure why everyone is giving it bad reviews. Have you all actually put Doba to use or are you just going by heresay? Because I have personal experience with Doba and they are a good drop shipping provider. Worldwide Brands is much better, but Doba is still a good drop shipping and wholesale directory.

themyspacebank.com, May 1, 2011 IP
  5. WesTof

WesTof Peon

Best Answers:
    I am assuming Aguywhoknows works for Doba.com as I am sure at whatever my level of success I would have put my url ... There are places out there you don't have to pay to have them dropship as you are the customer. People don't charge you money if you are making them money they just don't ship if you don't pay. hmmm Do your research....

WesTof, Aug 23, 2012 IP
  6. Teepee

Teepee Member

Best Answers:
    Doba's main store is in Utah. With an inventory of over a million products they should be easy to find. I have just joined the company and except for shipping charges, I see on CON as of yet. I'm in Canada.

Teepee, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  7. anna.jen30

anna.jen30 Peon

Best Answers:
    I read a lot of bad reviews about doba.com. I'm sure things are not quite good. I suggest you to research very carefully before choosing a program. I'm using http://www.cellz.com/drop-shipping.html and they are very professional. They require No upfront expenses or signup fees. Plus, they take care of the shipping.
    Best,

anna.jen30, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  8. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I used Doba when I, very stupidly, was scammed into joining Apply Knowledge Institute. Within 30 minutes of joining AKI i was rung by somebody from Doba who told me joining Doba was absolutely essential to getting the best our of AKI. And they only wanted $2,400 for me to join! They hassled and rang me again and again and again. I asked AKI why did Doba ring me? AKI said they had no idea as AKI and Doba were in no way connected.
    Long story short, AKI was a website teaching how to dropship products. Doba is a drop-shipping distributor. I got ZERO value from AKI for a $5,000 fee and paid Doba $600 to join and received ZERO value from them as well. This was like 7 years ago and I strongly advise anyone to have NOTHING to do with either of these companies. Ever.

dailybread2011, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  9. Shezi

Shezi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Doba is a good site. The only issue with them is the fact that you constantly need to keep an eye on the merchandise they have available.

They use a system of "first come first serve" meaning that if you want to sell something they have available (depending on the demand) you need to sell it relatively quickly to have a chance to ship it to your customer. Plus there is no guarantee that once you list a product on eBay, it will be available to sell.

Shezi, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  10. SaleHoo

SaleHoo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are so many opinions all over the internet about this one! I've recently looked into it quite thoroughly, both taking a look around Doba, and looking at what everyone else has been saying and it seems to me like there's potential there but it requires a lot of work. You have to find the right products. So just using Doba isn't good enough you won't magically succeed. You have to spend the time and effort to filter out the decent products or you'll flop.

If you're curious and want to look around, I've got some screenshots of the dashboard and how a bit about how it works, as well as a collection of some of the opinions I found. There's also a summary of my pros and cons, and some ideas for going forward either with Doba or if you choose not to use them. I think that might answer your question more thoroughly than I could on a forum, you can see all that here:

http://www.salehoo.com/blog/doba-review-indepth-look-at-what-doba-dropshippers-offers

Hope this information is useful! :) Best of luck.

SaleHoo, Jun 4, 2015 IP