1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my first big/little startup | Thanks too much

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by vladopt, Mar 20, 2011.

Hello,

I´am Vladimir from Slovakia and my team good people from Slovakia and Czech republic created project with:

1. slovak/czech website which offer an ad on their webpages - web management
    2. webpages with offers and requests, where you post your offer or request to slovak/czech webmasters

I would like to create bridge between slovak/czech webmasters and foreign.
    Foreigners user can create request/offer to slovak/czech webmasters or offer an ads for your website from webmasters with slovak/czech websites.

I`m looking for users from foreign who are interested in this idea and they want to help me to test/use our system.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks you all for critics and coments!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
    vladopt, Mar 20, 2011 IP
  2. vladopt

vladopt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Review please, thanks.

vladopt, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  3. jareso

jareso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well … interesting project, but I strongly suggest you to hire some professional web designer, so your site will meet recent design standards and user expectations.

+ Put it on separate domain.
    Or if you want to keep it as a subfolder of your website (i-makings.com/web-management/) than translate also the rest (100%) of your website. (To EN or maybe also some other languages.)

+ Remember, you want to make bilingual project, that will make bridge between foreign people and SK, CZ webmasters – than make your web site up to standards!

For example it is VERY LIKELY that some foreign person will also want to see a main index of your web site and thus he/she will erase /web-management/ part of the URL. And what he/she will see there than???
    Some language totally unknown for him/her and even pages named like "onas.php", "novinky.php" etc.
    "onas.php" ??? ... "onas.php" ?!?!?!!? <- What it is "onas.php"???
    (Of course I know that it means "aboutus.php" in Slovak. But you probably see what I mean now.)

If you are serious about it, tweak your language versions to keep (some / non-written) standards. Such as:
    sk.i-makings.com (Slovak) or i-makings.com/sk/ (Slovak)
    cz.i-makings.com (Czech) or i-makings.com/cz/ (Czech)
    i-makings.com (English) or i-makings.com/ (English)
    Etc.

Also if there are .php visible on EN versions use only EN in naming.

Or better hide all your .php files by mod_rewrite. And use "nice" URL formatting only, so no .php naming will be visible.
    Use English "nice" URLs for English language version, Slovak "nice" URLs for Slovak version, etc.

That’s my opinion! ;)
    Good luck!

jareso, Mar 26, 2011 IP
  4. vladopt

vladopt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I didn't create web studio, this design is satisfactory for this project. I know "nice" URL formatting, but I didn't want to make it. It is essential in this project, maybe in future with separate domain.

Thank you for your comment.

vladopt, May 1, 2011 IP
  5. m.nadeemanwar

m.nadeemanwar Peon

Best Answers:
    very nice website good idea web management

m.nadeemanwar, May 1, 2011 IP
  6. vladopt

vladopt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I waiting for next comments.

vladopt, May 10, 2011 IP
  7. vrodpen

vrodpen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It looks very good but I do agree with most of what jareso stated.

vrodpen, May 10, 2011 IP
  8. storm007

storm007 Peon

Best Answers:
    ya i agree wit all....thats very good ideea...you can go long with this ........... ;)

storm007, May 11, 2011 IP
  9. goldensun

goldensun Peon

Best Answers:
    The site just does not look professional enough. Also from your description I am still not exactly sure what service you are trying to offer. From what I have gathered you are trying to offer a similar service to elance but specific to Slovakia and Czech republic, I don't see why anyone would go for your site over elance.
    This site really needs its own domain, when I went to the home page to look for more information about the service I got a bunch of Czech.

goldensun, May 11, 2011 IP
  10. dekur7776

dekur7776 Peon

Best Answers:
    good site, and i agree about web management..

dekur7776, May 11, 2011 IP