1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO for Wordpress. Plugins? All in one, Platinum seo, Google XML Sitemaps etc.. WORK?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by prince718, Apr 29, 2011.

Hello. I am studying Seo. I have started narrowing down my keywords for a site i am going to be creating using Wordpress... I want to know, who has successfully optimized their Wordpress ite for Search Engines (especially Google ofcourse), AND if so, did you use Plugins? Maybe any of those in the title or others???

I have been seeing a few reviews on those(especially All In One) and Yoast (on the wordpress site), And I am considering implementing. Please offer ANY INFORMATION you can. Thanx in advance!

prince718, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  2. LGRComp

LGRComp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have used All in One SEO pack and it is good, especially if your Theme does not offer any SEO options. Use it regularly. I have also used the Headway theme, that offers some nice SEO options in the theme. Also check with your host that the SEO plugin is allowed. I know Dreamhost shared hosting has banned All in One SEO pack.

Sitemaps XML is good for smaller sites. Have run into problems with it when sites start to get larger. Shared hosting seems to have the most problem with it. High memory use is usually the problem.

LGRComp, Apr 29, 2011 IP
    prince718 likes this.
  3. prince718

prince718 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanx. Seems like great advice. Lets go slightly off topic now that you mention the Headway theme. It looks good and says something I like very much: "Make all of the adjustments to your site for maximum SEO settings without the need for any additional plugins."

I was looking into the Thesis Theme (DIYThemes). Theres an SEO expert that used that theme in her site-in the training video. It also speaks about SEO implimentation and FAST LOAD times, which I think is great....

So you say you "used All in One SEO pack".. Dont use it anymore? Does this Headway theme have all the features? I am new to SEO and Themes, and plugins for that matter. So I definitely dont wanna dish out $100+ if its not worth it. But if it is worth it, I have the money and can order today. Please elaborate with a lil more info please. Thanx.

O. And can I make membership only pages, and registration forms and stuff like that?

prince718, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  4. bekar09

bekar09 Active Member

Best Answers:
    both Headway and Thesis are excellent themes in terms of SEO. for that reason you can consider Genesis as well. But I personally use thesis and find it very much customizable than any other theme.

bekar09, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  5. LGRComp

LGRComp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will use All in One SEO pack occasionally. I don't build every site with Headway. I prefer Headway over Thesis, but it is a personal preference. As for membership only pages and registration forms, you would be looking at another plugin for that I think.

LGRComp, Apr 30, 2011 IP
  6. prince718

prince718 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanx Thanx.... Yes, I did look into Genesis, and it looks good as well. But I am most likely gonna go with Headway. Found many reviews and comparisons...... And as for Registrations/private pages- I am still in need. Anyone who has any info, please lmk... I am sure thats gonna be a seperate plugin-but dont wanna just install anything.

prince718, May 1, 2011 IP
  7. Ted Reka

Ted Reka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All in one seo worked for me, yes it did!

Ted Reka, May 1, 2011 IP
  8. lewis2005

lewis2005 Peon

Best Answers:
    lewis2005, May 1, 2011 IP