1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone know how to run a contest on a Facebook Fan Page

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by derran@webanditgroup, Apr 29, 2010.

Need suggestions, tips and general help for wordage, etc. in running a Facebook Fan Page Contest for our web design company, Web and IT Group.

Thanks!

derran@webanditgroup, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  2. sachdeva.arjit

sachdeva.arjit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, that's a pretty wide Topic to answer here..... First, Start off a Thread in your Discussion Board on your Page, write all rules and details nicely indented, and give people some inspiration for their entries(like a sample article/pic etc. ), Then post a Status Update on your PAge as well, to make it reach the people, and then it should give you a decent start .... Promote it further on other's fan pages and Groups to increase active participation as well .... :)

sachdeva.arjit, May 1, 2010 IP
  3. me100rabh

me100rabh Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think u need some custom made application and then install it with ur fanpage

me100rabh, May 1, 2010 IP
  4. extremepullups

extremepullups Peon

Best Answers:
    is there an App for this?

extremepullups, May 2, 2010 IP
  5. bnandika

bnandika Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In facebook private group, all the multi billion dollar oil and mining companies only put the contest links to their home page in group discussion board

bnandika, May 3, 2010 IP
  6. PinkSassyRN

PinkSassyRN Guest

Best Answers:
    You can do this by adding customized application on your facebook page then move it to your fan page wall so fans can easily see the content. Just ask some application expert do this for you. Another tip is add Static FBML application, then just add a HTML code linking it to your website :)

PinkSassyRN, May 7, 2010 IP
  7. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "Post a note" in your FB fan page and publish it, will reach the wall of all your followers, unlike when you post it in a discussion board. Another good thing while writing a note is that you can add basic html tags in the post.

Hope this helps. Good luck

sar420, May 7, 2010 IP
  8. metysj

metysj Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're interested in beta testing ... you can also try this tool: www.symbyoz.com. It allows you to create a contest, set the date, rules, etc. and post it on your Facebook wall (or on your twitter, or via e-mail) for free.

metysj, May 31, 2010 IP
  9. jaydipparikh

jaydipparikh Peon

Best Answers:
    It's really long process but I am make it short. You can have some DESIGN Contest using your Facebook Fanpage. Just host a DESIGN contest and ask people to submit their design. Ask designer who are not following to you @ ur fan page before participate in contest. Give good price as some recognition. This way you will promote your company, Increase Facebook Fans and Give some advantage to participant as well.

So tell me people hows that ?

jaydipparikh, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  10. Jack Black

Jack Black Active Member

Best Answers:
    general advise is: create a custom FBML page with call to action. Something like like our page and receive "something cool". Then import your fan page base and make a newsletter with the winners choice and so on. OR with your custom FBML page you can direct your visitors to your website with all contest details.

Jack Black, Sep 16, 2010 IP
  11. timsoulo

timsoulo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    well as far as I know there's some tough privacy policy, which basically says that you can run contests and other stuff only when they are approved by facebook... check the policy for more info about that

timsoulo, Nov 3, 2010 IP
  12. blkg35

blkg35 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been looking around too trying to find an app for facebook contest. It does seem that you have to make an app, submit to facebook, and hope they approve. Many people seem that they have done this only to run into issues with Facebooks TOS.

blkg35, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  13. jonnywartin

jonnywartin Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone know how to run a contest on a Facebook Fan Page

about what? you send an email to me. We will help or just go to my webs

jonnywartin, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  14. lafiza

lafiza Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Derran,
    u got lots of options out here. Can u please tell here which one worked for you so that I can also be able to run such a contest. Thanks in advance. Bye.

custom fan page | custom facebook fan page

lafiza, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  15. djdestruction

djdestruction Peon

Best Answers:
    Wildfire internet promotions is what i used before. Kinda sucks because you have to pay for it.

djdestruction, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  16. Techmaker

Techmaker Member

Best Answers:
    I also need to do this. I want to add a contest on by asking people to LIKE me on facebook page and give some product keys for free. But I need a automatic way to select the winner. Otherwise it will not be fair. So if you know an application post it here.

Thanks in advance.
    Good luck.

Techmaker, Nov 2, 2011 IP