1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Promoting Your Site Off-Line

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mddv, Apr 15, 2005.

Here is a great article the give detailed methods of advertising your website offline. Must Read

Promoting Your Site Off-Line

Enjoy
    -Marty

mddv, Apr 15, 2005 IP
  2. mddv

mddv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Also Interested to know what you think to this artice

mddv, Apr 16, 2005 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    marty, I like the article. We get a lot of business from offline advertising and will be having a big party here in San Diego to promote the new launch of our Surfing site.
    But in order to do that you need people, employees or a lot of extra time on your hands.
    If it wasn't for my partners, I would probably be doing everything online only just because it is convenient.

Blogmaster, Apr 16, 2005 IP
  4. Freebies

Freebies Peon

Best Answers:
    Great article. Thanks.

Freebies, Apr 16, 2005 IP
  5. lovethecoast

lovethecoast Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the article, most of it is common sense. One thing I didn't like was #6 "Use your car to advertise with hanging signs in the window."

Doing this one a personally owned (not company owned) car can get your company into a huge liable mess should you get into an accident.

lovethecoast, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  6. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you elaborate?

ResaleBroker, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  7. lovethecoast

lovethecoast Peon

Best Answers:
    Argh. I had a long elaborate answer typed out, but hit a link by accident and lost it all.

Basically, this happened to a buddy of mine. He had $500k of insurance on his car, but because he was promoting his business on a personal car (not a company car), the lawyer of the guy he hit ended up successfully suing his company for an additional 2 million bucks. Company insurance is there to cover company assets, but putting company advertising on a personal car would be excluded in most cases.

I'm not a lawyer though, so consult local and state laws and a lawyer before taking my advice.

8. whitedovecleaning

whitedovecleaning Peon

Best Answers:
    Since I run a small business and have a company vehicle with (signage) on it, Liability in the state of Alabama will rely on my auto insurance regardless of the company logo or not. In case of death or personal or property damage in excess of my coverage (500k) then my business insurance will cover what ever they decide to sue for. In the case of a personal vehicle with (signage) promoting a business. In the state of Alabama (and most states) your auto insurance will cover the liability not your business (it’s a personal vehicle) if you use a personal vehicle for business, DON’T PUT A SIGN ON IT! , Golden rule: don’t advertise heartache, There are people that will hit or get hit by you thinking you have more money to sue for!

whitedovecleaning, Apr 30, 2005 IP
  9. lovethecoast

lovethecoast Peon

Best Answers:
    This *is* the Golden rule, indeed! Thanks for putting it in a way I hadn't thought of! :)