1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

directory submiting

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by wryfhk22, Apr 20, 2011.

1. AnalogJunkie

AnalogJunkie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The only directory I got actual traffic from is the do follow directory. Which was nice for a while, but then all you get is spam comments. I eventually had to turn off do follow for that reason.

I've done some article posting, but was unimpressed with my results. Perhaps I did not submit to enough directories. I tried to only go for bigger ones. Now I'm only doing links with related sites in my niche.

AnalogJunkie, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  2. Websys_seo

Websys_seo Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are dealing with competitive keyword then they do matters as they offers you backlinks. But be cautious, don't overdo directory submission in a short span of time.

Websys_seo, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  3. patidarvijay

patidarvijay Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi directory submitting did get instant results that takes time in providing back links. directories are the fixed source of back links and you must have quality directory back links.

patidarvijay, Apr 30, 2011 IP
  4. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    You probably won't get jack for traffic. Mostly just a backlink and often times a keyword/key phrased backlink as long as you are not too spammy. They can be helpful if you spend some time with them over the long run. However, they can be time consuming to submit too, and some directories take a long time to get approved. But, many are free and you are not out much besides your time.

gameutopia, Apr 30, 2011 IP
  5. NeonLord

NeonLord Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont do article sub for the traffic, i doit for the backlink to increase serps, over three weeks, if done right, it can have a great effect, then you just have to keep a steady flow going and you will keep going up and google will be happy with the steady flow as well, win win.

NeonLord, Apr 30, 2011 IP
  6. mxicoders

mxicoders Guest

Best Answers:
    Directory submission not only helps in getting traffic and backlinks but helps your site to get indexed well with the targeted pages.

mxicoders, Apr 30, 2011 IP
  7. theolasys

theolasys Member

Best Answers:
    Every link from the directory matters.....Directories are the fastest and easiest source of getting quality oneway backlinks.

theolasys, May 1, 2011 IP
  8. Tarum

Tarum Active Member

Best Answers:
    Be careful with this "every link" matters. There are thousands of articles that are shitty and will not help you. Especially if your website gets 1000 backlinks in its first week, it will look suspicious.

Submitting to 10 high quality directories will have more effect than hundreds of bad ones and you will waste less time.

Tarum, May 1, 2011 IP
  9. adsclassifiedads

adsclassifiedads Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    use dofollow and good site on high page rank

adsclassifiedads, May 1, 2011 IP
  10. PiontekMedia

PiontekMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Directories are a great way to increase PR, I consider any actual traffic from them a bonus.

PiontekMedia, May 1, 2011 IP
  11. seotiger

seotiger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    directory listings do help with pr but don't overdo it in a short period of time. u might wanna spread the number of directory listings...for example, if u plan on doing 1k directory listings, then u might wanna do it over a period of 3-4 months or so. and go for different PR directory listings for diversification.. i think it might help

seotiger, May 1, 2011 IP