1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Google' started by EyreWales, Apr 27, 2011.

Hi guys,

I recently changed my browser and I decided to use google chrome, however I do not know and not so sure if chrome also has same feature as FF such as inform enter and toolbars that are useful to SEO.

Are there any compatibility version? can you share url on where I can download one? thanks mate

EyreWales, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  2. Unstoppable19

Unstoppable19 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was wondering the same thing. I love FireFox because of all the add-ons such as the SEO Book toolbar etc. but don't know of you can do the same thing with Chrome.

Unstoppable19, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  3. exe download

exe download Peon

Best Answers:
    It works both ways you know - Chrome offers that which FF doesn't. It all depends on what you use them for, I guess.

exe download, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  4. krishna8720

krishna8720 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a regular user of FIREFOX.. For a change i decided to use CHROME.. The only thing which happened to me was, it often got crashed.. very often.. especially when opening yahoo domains.. It was very difficult to check my yahoo mails.. So i shifted back to my usual FF itself.. As per my view, Firefox is far better when compared to Chrome.. Better in speed, compatibility, open source, doesn't crash and uses lesser memory than Chrome.. So i would prefer u to use Firefox to Chrome..

krishna8720, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  5. Alicia V

Alicia V Guest

Best Answers:
    yeah I didn't like chrome either because it doesn't handle tables properly. Tables are like one of the first 10 Web elements ever created and for Google Chrome to not handle them properly is ridiculous.

I think you'll ultimately switch back to Firefox because of all the toolbar and plugging features that people mentioned. Google does have a nice clean layout but I think a smaller market share and I don't see that market share changing with most people programming for Firefox.

Alicia V, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  6. daily_earning

daily_earning Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No there is no comparison between these two browsers, because all the adons work for ff rather than Chrome, so its always better to use Firefox rather than Chrome.

daily_earning, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  7. PromoDirect

PromoDirect Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using both the browser every day. I've found that FireFox is the best browser. Doesn't mean that Chrome is bad. If you rate... the best browser next to FF will be Chrome!! I love chrome... but there are my certain requirements that Chrome doesn't fulfills.

PromoDirect, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  8. raoraj

raoraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For Web Designer and SEO Point of view FF is Best.
    chrome no where near it.

raoraj, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  9. JSProjects

JSProjects Member

Best Answers:
    Chrome handles tabs much better than FF. If a tab crashes in Chrome, it kills just the tab. Firefox? Down goes the whole browser.

JSProjects, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  10. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lifeplayer, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  11. techblog007

techblog007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use fire fox it only has all the latest seo plugins..

techblog007, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  12. talormolly

talormolly Peon

Best Answers:
    It's very limited to add toolbars to Chrome, i don't like that, firefox is much better i think

talormolly, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  13. VintageDon

VintageDon Peon

Best Answers:
    After being an avid FF user for years, I made the switch to Chrome, and have never really looked back. For me, at least (everyone has their own preference), it's been more stable, has used less memory, and overall is quicker for me. Unfortunately, I do have to agree that the plugin selection is less expansive than Firefox, but I've managed to find almost everything I was using in FF for Chrome, including a number of SEO plugins that I was using.

An interesting side bit to this is that I work as a live support supervisor for one of the largest web hosting firms in the US, and at our last check about two months ago, almost 80% of the techs, admins, and other support personnel at the company were using Chrome/Chromium.

VintageDon, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  14. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, chrome crashes easily. I prefer Firefox because its really easy to use, fast and has SEO features too.

chinasa, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  15. Bella2010

Bella2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    I find the Google feature where the search comes up without having to press 'enter' annoying. Only because if you do accidentally press enter there's then a delay of a few seconds before you can click on anything.

Bella2010, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  16. Citizen17

Citizen17 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use chrome for my regular browsing and for my "seo browing" i use firefox. To be fair, chrome is a lot better of a browser then firefox when it comes to speed, but with versatility firefox is clear winner:)_

Citizen17, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  17. wiseman.wiseman05

wiseman.wiseman05 Peon

Best Answers:
    Chrome has smarter options than FF but not as faster as FF. However I switch to chrome from FF and now enjoying the super slow speed of Chrome:(

wiseman.wiseman05, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  18. mygold

mygold Peon

Best Answers:
    Its quite good but i am using to cometBird as browser. Really its very fast to search any data on online.

mygold, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  19. Drey

Drey Peon

Best Answers:
    Ability to have add-ons on FF is great for SEO purposes. Chrome could be good for other purposes it is fast , reliable and does not use much memory like FF does

Drey, Apr 28, 2011 IP