1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Magento and joomla information.

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by shiwak224, Apr 26, 2011.

Hi,
    I am beginer in magento. I have been trying my best to learn this magento, but I m having problem with this, I hope you people will help me out.
    I want to get answere for these questions. :-
    Can magento create normal web pages like joomla or this is for just ecommerce purposes?
    Can I create my own customize web page with this or I need template according to that requirement?
    I want to make my home page to b customized, and look fancy but rest of the shop simple. so what should I do? Do i need to get template according to that or Magento contains functions like joomla?

Please help me in this.

shiwak224, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  2. DaleB

DaleB Peon

Best Answers:
    Magento is more for ecommerce purposes so you can either find a template and get it customised or get a bespoke design made from scratch.

Joomla is a Content Management system.

DaleB, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  3. shiwak224

shiwak224 Guest

Best Answers:
    What is bespoke design? I Just want my home page to get upgraded.. so for that I have to create my new template?
    Cant I just customize my page like we do in joomla?

shiwak224, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  4. DaleB

DaleB Peon

Best Answers:
    A bespoke design is a design entirely from scratch. From the bottom to top the design is hand coded not based on a template then customised.

If you PM me with what it is exactly you want doing, i may be able to help more.

DaleB, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  5. QubeSys Technologies

QubeSys Technologies Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can do everything with Magento, what you have asked.

Magento is very much capable.

QubeSys Technologies, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  6. stevemartinw

stevemartinw Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes,Magento is very flexible for customization as well as development part. It is one of the best shopping cart in the market today, It come with tones of features compare to other ecommerce shopping cart.

stevemartinw, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  7. EvaBrown89

EvaBrown89 Member

Best Answers:
    Magento is a good CMS. You feel free to use it and make all you want. It is really good and you can fint manuals or tutorials at official website how to use it. I hope you will make all you want. Good luck.

EvaBrown89, Apr 28, 2011 IP
  8. daniel_moore

daniel_moore Peon

Best Answers:
    Just had a look at magneto for the first time, but if you are setting up an e-commerce site it would make sense to use a CMS that is designed for that purpose because you need to upload an e-commerce component for joomla and I have found that there are too many things that can go wrong

daniel_moore, Apr 29, 2011 IP