1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

don't make your searches on name.com

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by xsongs, Apr 16, 2011.

1. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is all about considering that name.com may "steal" ideas, no one can confirm that is true or not. It is just a precaution to do not search domains at name.com.

dlatua, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  2. deepikawalecha

deepikawalecha Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing this..but i always prefer godaddy to buy domain and i dont think like this happen with godaddy

deepikawalecha, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  3. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.google.com.ph/#hl=tl&biw...search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=c3bc184ed5240f42

http://www.google.com.ph/#hl=tl&sou...lpoint&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=c3bc184ed5240f42

You might as well not search using any registrar until you're ready to take it on the spot.

Dave Zan, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  4. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    if you really believe what you are writing, why not get your own back on them. Start searching for stuff like 'squirtyjibbets.com' or 'snatcherflashbuggry.com' - silly made up names. I'm sure you can bankrupt them if you force them to buy enough silly worthless names. In fact, you can probably knock up a script to do it thousands of times a day.

:)

contentboss, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  5. Lokomotif

Lokomotif Peon

Best Answers:
    may be.. their system was error.. and may be someone there more quick to grab the domain... i'v experience for that

Lokomotif, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  6. bigdawg1

bigdawg1 Peon

Best Answers:
    if I find a domain I must have I grab it immediately. ya snooze ya lose ALWAYS!

bigdawg1, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  7. abercrombie

abercrombie Peon

Best Answers:
    My domain host stole catherinezetajones.com from me back in 1998. That was the last time i do domain registration via hosts. Now we have to worry about registrars. :(

abercrombie, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  8. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    LOL! learn from it and next time buy the domain asap, if you think you want it.

Oranges, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  9. blakeembrey

blakeembrey Peon

Best Answers:
    Gee, I find this pretty hard to believe, though it is probable. Lucky I have acquired every domain I have tried to get before, but seriously, it would take some serious man-power to filter the results that name.com would get most of the time. Plus, I don't see that domain registered by name.com. It's registered through name.com and parked on sedo. Maybe someone else had the same idea as you ;)

blakeembrey, Apr 24, 2011 IP