1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Regional Google vs. Global Google

Discussion in 'Google' started by angelro, Apr 21, 2011.

Hi guys. Here's an interesting question for you. I want to know for a certain term, how many searches per month it receives in the global Google.com and how many in its local Google.it for example.

I use the below tool to find out the global versus local searches (to find out how many people search that term in Italy and how many in the rest of the world). But I want to know also how many search in Google.it and how many in Google.com (or other versions of Google)

https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/Explorer?__u=1000000000&__c=1000000000&ideaRequestType=KEYWORD_IDEAS#search.none

How can I find this out ?

Looking forward to hearing from you and thank you for the time spent replying to my question !

angelro, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  2. kodut

kodut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why is it important to you ?
    if you want to track the country of origin , use analytics
    Btw there is only a little differnce in both ..... for eg if you have a .it tld then you can get a higher serp in google.it than .com tld domains.

kodut, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  3. BaronWales

BaronWales Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think there is a clash between region Google and globle Google. Sorry, I cannot answer your question.

BaronWales, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  4. rakeshgvt

rakeshgvt Peon

Best Answers:
    u can track your site visitors from google analytics which gives globally and locally.

rakeshgvt, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  5. transparencia

transparencia Peon

Best Answers:
    In google adwords you have to filter your country to Italia and then write down the number of users. Afterwards remove that filter, look at the number and subtract that number of users to the total.

transparencia, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  6. johnmorrismedical092

johnmorrismedical092 Peon

Best Answers:
    narrow down your search to local country specific

johnmorrismedical092, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  7. angelro

angelro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, let me put it in another format, hope this makes things more clear.

for keyword X, location All countries, language english -> this shows the total searches for that keyword in ALL countries, in ALL google language versions ? Or only in the english versions (google.com, .co.uk, .com.au etc ?)

for keyword X, location Italy, language italian -> this shows the total searches for that keyword done by italian people (people living in ITALY) in all google versions

OR

the total searches for that keyword done by people (all around the globe) ONLY in Google.it ?

angelro, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  8. fernades

fernades Member

Best Answers:
    That you can find out from the google analytics itself. right?

fernades, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  9. fiona0207

fiona0207 Guest

Best Answers:
    Doesn't the Advanced option > Locations and languages > Italy get its local search volume data from google.it?

From what I believe, you can get the search volume data from the mentioned settings. Correct me if I am wrong.

fiona0207, Apr 26, 2011 IP