1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help a newbie out - How do I promote my website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by SinUser, Apr 19, 2011.

Hello.

I'm new to SEO, specifically I would need a list of things (SEO should be one of them) how to promote a website.

The website is: www[dot] vykintasfoto [dot] lt

Firstly I think it is flash website, is that bad for Google results?

Secondly, can you suggest me a list of things what should I do to promote it and put it up to the first positions in google.

The website is Lithuanian, 'Fotografas' means a photographer, and 'Fotografija' - photography. So in English, any recommended keywords? Also, how do I check which keywords are the most popular for photography sector? Any kind of software?
    Also, buying traffic from people who are specifically offering this service - is it a good idea?

Please help out.
    I will be appreciated.

SinUser, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  2. TimHillSEO

TimHillSEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SinUser,

One look at your profile tells everyone you are here to promote your "earn money from facebook" kack.

And this thread is just post building...

TimHillSEO, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  3. joemamma

joemamma Guest Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    if you are looking for additional relevant keywords to optimize for as well as the traffic associated with those terms i recommend Google's external keyword tool.

joemamma, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  4. DIGITALCHAMELEON

DIGITALCHAMELEON Peon

Best Answers:
    Try social media aggregates like social bookmarking and social networking sites.

DIGITALCHAMELEON, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  5. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now crawlers are able to crawl flash websites easily, to that wont be a matter of concern to you.

You can promote your website on,
    - social Networking sites
    - Related blogs
    - Social bookmarking sites
    - Article submission
    - Blog commenting

I use a tool called 'Keyword Country' to automate most of these processes and concentrate on better things like strategizing for acquiring more market share or beating competitors.

Use the same tool for keyword research.... and it will help you test the keywords for profitability as well

C.Rebecca, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  6. Seaman Staines

Seaman Staines Member

Best Answers:
    Google bot struggles to read flash sites so my advice would be to ditch the flash and use html. For keywords just use google's free external keyword tool (for ideas select "broad" and to find out how much the keyword is searched select "exact").

As far as promoting your site goes...how long have you got?:cool:

I see that your niche is photography. One way to promote your site would be to participate in as many high-traffic photography forums as possible, answer as many posts as possible and become an authority. Include a link in your signature back to your site. Make the link stand out from the norm. Also participate in photography blogs and social bookmark all of your approved comments (as well as other people's comments too for good measure).

Hope this helps...good luck:D

I wasn't aware of this...care to share your sources?

Seaman Staines, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  7. Contrarian

Contrarian Guest

Best Answers:
    Read this forum :) Seriously, an hour a day on here (pen and paper in hand) will increase your SEO education over time

Contrarian, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  8. cheesee

cheesee Peon

Best Answers:
    You can promote your site in these ways: directory submission, forum posts(with signature link), blog commenting(include link to your site), article submission(link to your site inside the articles), link exchanges(only sites with similar niche so your not penalized by google), and social networks(facebook, twitter...etc).

cheesee, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  9. DianRibut

DianRibut Peon

Best Answers:
    get more seo tricks in this forum. . it's work :)

DianRibut, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  10. promits89

promits89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Build backlinks and It will help u.

promits89, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  11. Jonah_fish

Jonah_fish Guest

Best Answers:
    Article submission, directory submission, blog participation, forum participation will all help. Make sure you include key words in any anchor text you use.

Jonah_fish, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  12. TambaJosephFoyah

TambaJosephFoyah Peon

Best Answers:
    Promoting your site can be easy if you have the funds to do it. But some of the best ways to promote are free. Use the pages of famous people on Facebook to promote your site. However, make sure that your posts sound natural so they don't get deleted. The same strategy can be used on twitter except this time around you would be following the followers of famous people. 1 in 4 people on Twitter will follow you back and when they do they will see the tweets from you that promote your site. You can also go to Yahoo answers and use the answers you give to people to promote your site.

TambaJosephFoyah, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  13. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go with SEO for your website to promote it in the search engines. Flash websites are not very good for getting website in the search engines so go with static websites to get good results

Kiranraj, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  14. Edwadem

Edwadem Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to submit
    social networking sites
    social Bookmarking
    Directory Submit
    Blog comments

Edwadem, Apr 23, 2011 IP