1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules Questions re bumping topics in domain for sale section!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Fergal, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Say I advertise a domain for sale here on DP for $50. Unfortunately after a few days there isn't much interest in the sale and I decide to reduce the price to $30. Is there any way that I can update my sales topic with the new price, without breaking the rules?

2. Say I advertise a domain for sale here on DP for $50 and a member PM's me with a bid of $30. Is there any way that I can update my thread to say that I've received that bid, without breaking the rules?

Thanks!

Fergal, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  2. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Why don't you start an auction for that so if anyone bidding on your domain sale thread then other members know that through bid system and there is no need for you to update it.

DON.

deluxdon, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  3. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply DON. I'd prefer not to start an auction and sell the domains in the traditional manner.

Fergal, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  4. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    But if you want to sell your domain in auction manner (as you said bid in your post) then you need to start an auction for that.

DON.

deluxdon, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  5. Refresher

Refresher Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1. You can. If you don't want to start an auction for your thread, tick the "buy it now" option. You can always edit the BIN price.

Refresher, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  6. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But I'd like to run an auction without using the auction system?

Plus there are times when I just offer a domain for a certain price in the belief that it will sell for that price. However, when it doesn't sell I decide that I'd like to reduce the price?

Fergal, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  7. Refresher

Refresher Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What's the problem in using the auction system?

That's exactly what I mentioned in my previous post. You can edit/REDUCE your price when it doesn't sell. In fact, if you use the Auction system, you can edit/reduce your minimum bid too.
    I don't think it's possible without violating the No Bump rule. #Price reduced to $40, reduced to $30 , Buy 1 get 1 free # <==> this stuff is not allowed.

Refresher, Apr 21, 2011 IP
    Fergal likes this.
  8. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the clarification Refresher, I hadn't seen your post #5 before I posted #6.

Fergal, Apr 22, 2011 IP
    Refresher likes this.
  9. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    Bumps are not allowed whatsoever. If you need to bump, use the bump button. You can only use it once every 30 days though. It's once every 7 days for premium members. Don't see why the auction system doesn't fit your needs though, it's simple, easy to use and provides a ready-made platform for your selling needs.

EvanP, Apr 22, 2011 IP