1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

United States Heading towards a Depression?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by decoyjames, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Breeze, how much you charge for a quarter oz?

Obamanation, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  2. danephillips

danephillips Peon

Best Answers:
    Is liberal reasoning the virus that will destroy America ...

danephillips, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I don't think there are liberals out there that believe the crap breeze is running through his translator.

Mia, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  4. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

The liberals with Bill Clinton balanced the budget and were paying down the deficit - Republicans and the Bush Administration drove the economy into the deepest recession since the 1930s "Great Depression".

And again it was the liberals with Obama as President that curtailed the Republican 07-09 "Great Recession" and thwarted the onset of a new Depression and the spiraling quagmire it represented for generations to come.

Certainly, people who are capable of reading facts over illusion have already decipher the importance of the 2012 election and know from History alone the proper choice to make.

Breeze Wood, Apr 20, 2011 IP
    GeorgeB. likes this.
  5. danephillips

danephillips Peon

Best Answers:
    Obama as President that curtailed the Republican 07-09 "Great Recession" You smoke alot of Dope Breeze ? You must because your reasoning is like nonsense ... We are in a great recession and Obama want to spend and spend and spend ...Where you think 14 trillion is from...
    His budget this year is 3 + trillion largest ever. Breeze you ever buy Gas or food ? Obama won't let usa Drill for Oil .....
    Breeze did you watch the truth in the Video .... Seem you no comment on that ..

danephillips, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  6. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Breeze is his own worst enemy in this thread. He keeps mentioning that the Democrats "balanced" the budget. He allows me to remind everyone that they did that by stealing the money from Social Security.

Breeze represents the politically correct answers for the economy. I hope everyone can see they are not the correct answers, and that the economy is on the same path it was back in 1929, thanks to the same people being in control of the money supply. This time around there is a difference. The USA has no manufacturing base to fall back on like we did back then. Our jobs have been outsourced.

Blue Star Ent., Apr 21, 2011 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Sorry kiddo.. The Republican Congress did that.

Wrong again bud. The Bush administration paid down a record deficit set by the events that occurred on Sept 11th 2001. By the time Bush left office he had cut that deficit by 2/3rds.

Currently Obama is adding to at at a rate of 1/2 it's size post 9/11 EVERY MONTH...

Not sure where you got your education, but my 7 year old appears to understand basic addition and subtraction better than you.

The 07-09 period you are referring to was controlled by a democrat run congress.. Keep that in mind.
    And now look. $250BILLION added to the deficit EVERY MONTH. At that rate, it only takes 2 months to reach the record deficit set post 9/11. The same one that was around $159BILLION when Obama took office.

Think about that for a moment if you will. Deficit is $159Billion when Obama takes office (after 8 years of Bush). Obama is adding to that number at almost twice that amount every 30 days. He's only been president for a little over 2 years. At that rate... Well, I don't even want to think about it. Even my son can't add that high.

There is a difference between reading a fact and reinterpreting it. You my young friend are doing the later again.

Mia, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  8. DubDubDubDot

DubDubDubDot Peon

Best Answers:
    Some of you just need to accept the fact that Obama's spending has been a legitimate effort to work around the DEPRESSION that King George set the stage for. We would all be lined up at the local high school gym for free food if it were not for our President.

And it's comical that Republicans constantly fall back on 9/11 as the cause for Bush's spending. You are just looking for an outside force to relieve the pressure of Bush's failed presidency.

And before anyone says otherwise, yes, I can still blame Bush. He caused so much damage that even the 10 best presidents working together on this couldn't fix it fast enough. It took him 8 years to wreck the USA, so it'll probably take 8 years to fix it.

DubDubDubDot, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  9. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe the US government can throw some change at them and remain AAA, S&P, Moody's et al would even give Somalia AAA if they paid them a few thousand. All toxic-CDO's and MBS were AAA by these agencies, Lehman, Goldman, AIG, Bear at were atleast A2 within days of being bailed out. Does anyone give fuck about rating from corrupt american companies anymore?

Helvetii, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  10. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

Not in the least - and is there anyone out there who bought US debt during the past recession 07-09 and actually believed it was AAA and bought it at ~ 2%-3% return???? ... the answer is everyone, China. A tribute to the Federal Reserve and their management of the economy since 08.

S&P, the understatement of a lagging indicator.

Breeze Wood, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Obama's spent more in 2 years than both GWB and Clinton combined. Kinda hard to argue with reality. I can completely understand you wanting to blame Bush for your saviors shortcomings.

Mia, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  12. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

There is no limit Republicans will waste in taxpayers money, even for legislation the Justice Dept. determines to be Unconstitutional and not Worthy of Defense. At $520.00 an hour to pander their regressive legislation.....no deficit is to high for them.

Breeze Wood, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  13. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

...."buy food" ? ?

LINK

Blue Star Ent., Apr 25, 2011 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Obama is deficit spending to the tune of $1.413 TRILLION per year. That's almost 1.1 TRILLION more per year then was spent under Bush.

Before Obama we did not use the word Trillion when referring to the deficit or deficit spending.

Open you're eyes kiddo.

Mia, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  15. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    The Republican Iraqi war and the principals and policies of the previous Administration that caused the 07-09 recession are responsible for the present budget deficit.

Liberals and the Clinton Administration balanced the budget and were paying down the deficit when the Bush Administration with a Republican Congress unbalanced the budget and reinstalled deficit spending.

Seeing the truth than hiding from it Mia will someday enable even you to find the proper solutions.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
    Breeze Wood, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  16. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Gas up 40% in one year
    US Dollar loses ground and at all time lows against several currencies.
    "2011 and 2012 are going to be very scary years for the American Public." -bnb coins economist and analyst.
    Wages down, cost of living goes up

Somethings gotta change it's looking bad, just being honest. Maybe it's tax reform maybe it's tech innovation but America's getting butt****ed

Look where USA ranks for the year: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2187rank.html

MarTh-, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  17. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Inflation is here, interest rates soon to follow. For all the people who jokingly said we re-elected Jimmy Carter, it must suck to be right. Who would have thought we cant spend our way to prosperity:mad:.

Obamanation, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  18. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We have a balance sheet that has financial collapse written all over it don't we? spending less isn't enough, my local park has no more funds, the library cut down funds too. What's the solution?

MarTh-, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You've left out some key years and facts. Have you been in a coma?

Fact. Deficit was $159 billion and shrinking when GW left office. Obama has taken that number and spent twice that every month for the last 4 months and growing.

Republicans introduced a Balanced Budget when Clinton was president.. Why not take a little look see at history and tell us all what happened to that bill?

Mia, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  20. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    The solution? Who knows. If I were dictator, I would start with a few things:

1) Immediately abolish public employee unions.
    2) Break up Goldman Sachs, AIG, and every other company that took government money because they were "too big to fail".
    3) Eliminate every agency or job function whose responsibilities overlap with other agencies.
    4) Identify every last special interest project including ethanol subsidies and kill them. All of them.
    5) Slash the compensation packages of all government employees(Federal,State, County, and City) to match CPI, where CPI is applicable, especially for govt. jobs paying over 100k/yr.
    6) Cap salaries and benefits packages for all elected positions across all branches of government, setting the President's compensation package as a max, tiering everyone else down dramatically from there.
    7) Close the tax loopholes that let companies like google pay an effective 2.4% federal rate. I'd lower the federal corporate income tax at the same time to something sane.

I suspect those steps would be enough to kill the deficit immediately, but if they weren't, I'd slash services across the board, from Medicare to Military, until the budget balanced.

I'd also setup an independent auditing agency that made all of its findings public to audit every last government agency and politician. I know a few policians and from what I can tell, they all receive perks in the form of job offers, paid seats on boards of directors(quid pro quo post term), superbowl tickets, private jet transportation to wherever, luxurious accomodations at their choice of destinations. The perks are mind boggling. The fact Charlie Rangle still has a job is disturbing.

It would be great if Voters could organize a "one strike your out" rule, applicable to any politican who puts out legislation favoring a special interest. We may be replacing old rats with new rats, but it beats the alternative of living with things the way they are.

Obamanation, Apr 25, 2011 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.