1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

search engline optimization for videos sites?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by cristovideos, Apr 19, 2011.

I have a video site called videos cristianos I using a script called phpmotion. I want to know about how improve the position for a video site in google and others search engine. Please check my site and tell me your opinion.
    Note: my site is in the first position in google.com but I can not put my site in the first position at google.es (spanish).

Thanks.(my english is a little bad).

cristovideos, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  2. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, you have to optimize your videos for search engines. Certainly you cannot optimize the whole video content but you can modify its tags and description. Place keyword rich tags and description (make sure video description is descriptive enough to the visitor)

Submit a video Sitemap to the Google webmaster tool.

Submit videos on Youtube for sure and integrate them in your webpage
    Also, make sure you submit its transcript along with the video to Youtube. Will help you SEO the videos and rank it up on keywords

For ranking high in Google.es you need to get backlinks from Spanish websites.
    OR
    You can target a geographic location in Google webmaster tool.

C.Rebecca, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  3. MarketingRadiation

MarketingRadiation Peon

Best Answers:
    What c.Rebecca said makes a little sense, but heres something you should really be doing.

I have tried phpmotion before but not entirely sure if they have modifications to apply custom meta tags and description along with keywords. You should have custom meta tags. So in every video you post, you can add keywords and tags etc.

Once that is done, remember to add description and summary type of text in every video that you post. Remember, text not IN the video, outside the video in the post so that search engine's can read it. Which will make it easy to be ranked.

Once that is in place, make a sitemap. but DO NOT submit it. Create few backlinks and let google find few of your pages automatically. once you few of the pages are indexed, that is the time to login to the google webmaster tools and submit the sitemap.

Remember all these steps will give you the best results if performed in right order as i've mentioned.

MarketingRadiation, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  4. exsuit

exsuit Peon

Best Answers:
    AS far as I understand regular sitemaps won't work for video based sites (not optimal anyways). There is a plugin for wordpress now that produces "video sitesmaps" that I understand is excellent for getting videos indexed by google. Search for "video sitemaps" and you should be able to get something.

Also, if you are hosting on youtube, I would suggest uploading subtitles, as they are searchable text that may give your videos more exposures (otherwise you can get transcripts of your videos done and upload them to your site to help get more search engine exposure for your video content). You can get transcripts done on Fivvr pretty cheap, although the quality isnt always great.

exsuit, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  5. cristovideos

cristovideos Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all information, I will do it.

cristovideos, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  6. LloydBurrell

LloydBurrell Peon

Best Answers:
    Video exchange is another solution. Research the internet for specific websites (either from your niche or from different niches, but somehow related to your content) and try to exchange links in such a manner that one video would lead to another. In time, this should increase the traffic and, consequently, the PR.

LloydBurrell, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  7. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Optimized your video sites with SEO to get more visitors. You can also promote it in social networking sites. It will also help a lot to get maximum traffic & visitors

Kiranraj, Apr 22, 2011 IP