1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need your advice - Google Ban or not?

Discussion in 'Google' started by stimpsy, Apr 19, 2011.

Hello,

The weirdest thing happened to me in the past week.

One of my site, a free article site, who had around 300 visitors per day, suddenly got more 30,000 visitors per day. Crazy. Seems the site was ranking really good anything related to sport event.

This lasted for 3-4 days, and today when I woke up, my site had disappeared from Google using the site: operator. However when I do link: I still see results. And the site has more than 100k pages indexed when you go on the Google Blog results section. So basically, i am still receiving traffic from Google, but only from the blog section. The site still has its Pagerank of 3. I just installed Webmaster tools and it reports pretty much nothing: no search queries, no pages, as if it was banned.

This is the first time something like that happens to me. When a site is banned from Google, its totally banned, no traffic from Blog results, No pagerank, no link reported etc...

If some of you have any hints..I guess i will be patient, maybe will it come back, even if it was too good to be true :)

stimpsy, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  2. stimpsy

stimpsy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh and BTW i did not do anything, neither to get this spike of traffic, or to get the site banned. Have not touched the site at all as I was waiting to see if traffic would stay

stimpsy, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  3. MafiaMaster

MafiaMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    You have a free article site...Chances are, people were pasting the same article across a bunch of different sites, including yours, and you got hit with a duplicate content hit.

MafiaMaster, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  4. stimpsy

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing, but that would be weird. So many sites have duplicated content, Google will index their pages anyway, but may not give them a lot of weight. In my case, my 100k + pages have been removed from the index, but not from the blog index..

stimpsy, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  5. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ya, they probably just penalized you as they did with many article directories (content farms). You should be able to look at your analytics or awstats to see where the traffic came from. Let us know if you figure out where the traffic came from.
    Maybe your traffic will return in a few days.

indyonline, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  6. stimpsy

Best Answers:
    Well the traffic came mainly from Google.com, mainly US users , mainly for events. People looking for a hockey game per example.

I had several penalties in the past, and sites that have been banned, but generally its clear: If none of your pages are in Google index, you're banned, if there are pages in index but you are not receiving traffic, you have a penalty..the fact that Google did not remove me from its blog results is also surprising

stimpsy, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  7. stimpsy

Best Answers:
    lol, now my pages are removed from the Blogs results, but Google keeps crawling the site like crazy

stimpsy, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  8. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    must be temporary thing wait for a day or two and see how things goo

Bohra, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  9. stimpsy

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the good words..ill wait and see..

stimpsy, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  10. whowas

whowas Peon

Best Answers:
    whatever, you are banned by google~~

whowas, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  11. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ya, I would just wait a few days and see.

indyonline, Apr 20, 2011 IP