1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Removing code from some pages and/or re-adding them later?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by bluejay47, Apr 14, 2011.

Hi

I have a large CMS with thousands of dynamically generated pages containing relevant content serving ads and also several hundred static pages. If I remove the adsense code ONLY from the CMS but leave it on the static pages will it put my adsense account in jeopardy in any way or cause me to lose individual advertisers who may have already bid to have ads appear?.

Also, in the future, if I later decide to re-add the code, will everything be essentially as it was before I removed it as far as income, displayed ads, etc are concerned?. While I'm sure that the longer the code remained removed, the less income I would generate, I'm more concerned about Google being unhappy that my site was not displaying ads and thus providing "value" to advertisers, etc.

Thank you, BJ

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
    bluejay47, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  2. kshu

kshu Member

Best Answers:
    I have some experience with this, I removed the ads for a period of time from my site.

Google will not restrict your account in any way for stopping displaying ads on your site or some of its pages.
    If you remove ads for a period of time and re-add them later on, you will notice lower income for few days at first. Then it will all get back to normal. I noticed about a week of lower earnings when making such a pause.
    Another thing to consider is that advertisers using placement targeting will probably not come back with the same targeting campaigns after the break. I did not notice a great difference in revenue due to this though.

kshu, Apr 18, 2011 IP