1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Autobloggers - lose your adsense account

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by ForgottenCreature, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Reviewz

Reviewz Peon

Best Answers:
    WRONG. They do.

Autoblogs can and still outrank the original page where they stole the content from. It may not be the targeted keyword, but that is the whole point of autoblogs. Their aim is to build a big number of large site comprising hundreds or even thousands of pages of copied content and try to rank for longtail keywords. In many cases, they succeed in their sleep, or with little work, because their sites are all automated (or mostly automated). Google is still far from capable of distinguishing between original and duplicate (especially if the duplicate one gets links, while the original one doesn't).

That is why..........People have a moral duty to report sites because if you don't, the quality of search is just going to keep going down, and that will hurt EVERYBODY eventually.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
    Reviewz, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  2. mrrocky314

mrrocky314 Peon

Best Answers:
    gogle is going to banhammer all the autoblogers

mrrocky314, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  3. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have autoblogs but i don't steal content i just post Products is that stealing ?

w3bmaster, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  4. marl09

marl09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Its steal when you dont have permission.

If you have permission is not steal.There are many top sites using duplicate content,its normal in the online bussiness...since they dont steal is cool.

Make the reports you want,its not gona change nothing,simple because duplicate content is not ilegal!

And Auto-Bloger is just a tool like many others there is nothing iligal on it.

People need to get a live.

marl09, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  5. jcoutts1

jcoutts1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that sums it up pretty well. Work to further your own success and ignore what others are doing, unless it directly impinges on you.

John

jcoutts1, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  6. AutoBlogged

AutoBlogged Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am in agreement on one thing: you shouldn't be using adsense on autoblog sites because Google can permanently ban you over any tiniest perceived infraction. If you want adsense you have to reserve it only for your safest sites.

But what it most annoying is your smug, self-righteous attitude that your original content has the only ethical value and everyone else is a thief. Again, scraping full articles and claiming them as your own should be banned, but autoblogging isn't scraping. Most of the time autobloggers are not trying to supercede your content, but add value to readers by aggregating it with other related content.

As I said earlier, the internet is all about aggregating, combining, and quoting. Just look at how many sites succeed mostly on the content of others: google news, huffington post, reddit, digg, technorati, failblog, endless deal and coupon aggregator sites, techmeme, news.ycombinator.com, popurls, alltop, sphinn, slashdot, etc. Plus there are now many services like readability, instapaper, and others that turn content into different readable formats.

So yeah you could be that guy and try to shut down everyone else. You could even try to sue anyone who takes your content (it worked out well for the RIAA and Righthaven right?). Or you could learn how to leverage aggregation for your own benefit and promotion. Don't you realize how much money people spend on backlink building and article promotion services?

You could also work with autobloggers by allowing them to use your content by registering with you and following a few basic rules (or even paying a small fee).

You should also realize that content aggregation changes the way that people view and navigate your content; utilize a more top-down approach in your content; monetize or promote from within your content.

If you are smart you will evolve with the internet and use it to your advantage. We deal with it all the time with people pirating our software. We could spend all day sending out DMCA notices and tracking down torrent users IP addresses, but instead we leverage piracy to our own advantage!

AutoBlogged, Apr 16, 2011 IP
    sunilmamo likes this.
  7. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am in total agreement with all the auto bloggers being banned. No way a piece of software should replace quality content when it comes to ranking in search. Webmasters have spent a lot of time building quality sites and proper coding. Google has just made some changes. If we clean up the garbage and cheaters on the net, we could probably get paid even more for our Ad sense ads. Advertisers will know that scam artists are not ripping them off like they do now. These guys and girls promoting auto submitters are not our friends. They wreak the web with the flooding of their junk.

globegenius, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  8. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If someone is capitalizing on my 100% unique hand written content without my consent, it's breaking intellectual property laws. Whether autoblogs bring traffic to my site is irrelevant because I never granted permission for you to reproduce my content. I have and will continue to pursue legal action against anyone who thinks they can rip off my intellectual property. If on the other hand they wanted to pay an annual royalty fee is another thing, but funny enough I've never had an email yet people just think it's theres to take.

Seqqa, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  9. G30SPKI

G30SPKI Peon

Best Answers:
    Off course not, Internet is world to share stuff, and ethic blogger is important. so if we want to copying another article, we must put resource link.

G30SPKI, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  10. AutoBlogged

Best Answers:
    Ha well good luck with that, it's worked so well for everyone else who has gone down that path.

AutoBlogged, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  11. Invoker

Invoker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use the Ban hammer Big G. Ban them all

people should make unique site. If you know coding, try to build a new script. Don't go for the existing scripts

Invoker, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  12. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Meh, if you're getting outranked by an auto blog you have to question how much effort you are putting into your business. Instead of trying to out our competitors, focus on your own business and what you can do better, and you will reap the rewards.

dcristo, Apr 17, 2011 IP
    sunilmamo likes this.
  13. phoenixjutom

phoenixjutom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wow, a Wonderful and Funny Video. You so great

phoenixjutom, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  14. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll either send your hosting company, Google or you (or even all three) a DMCA notice. Thus so far being 100% effective.

Seqqa, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  15. adsclassifiedads

adsclassifiedads Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    today blog are doing spam thats why it happen......

adsclassifiedads, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  16. techfever

techfever Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Auto Blogging is injurious to the reputation of a blog. Instead of auto blogging one can ask for guest posts there are a lot of writers who are willing to write unique guest posts just to add something in their portfolio of writings so it is really silly to adopt shortcuts when one could work in the ambit of ethically acceptable tricks

techfever, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  17. hostiwant

hostiwant Peon

Best Answers:
    Google's new algorithm change has hit hard on spam and autoblog sites. TaTa autoblogs.

hostiwant, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  18. AutoBlogged

Best Answers:
    You could also just drop an e-mail to the web site owner politely asking to be excluded from their autoblog. This actually works better than you think; many will appreciate your politeness and will oblige. Software like AutoBlogged has a place where you can exclude certain sites or urls. Of course if someone is scraping your entire articles and putting their own name on them that probably deserves a DMCA, but if they are just quoting short excerpts and linking to the original, it doesn't hurt to just ask to be removed.

There's also a new feature we added to AutoBlogged that's kind of interesting. You can create a meta tag like this on your site:
    <META NAME="AUTOBLOGS" CONTENT="NOAUTOBLOGGERS">

AutoBlogged has an option that will skip your content if it sees that. It will also respect robots, googlebot, msnbot, bingbot, and slurp meta tags. The option isn't enabled by default right now because it is new, but for ethical autobloggers who want to respect others the option is there.

On a separate note the fact that autoblogs can rank higher than the original content is kind of sad and shows how much people could improve their rankings with some smarter seo. I have had autoblogs where the one-paragraph excerpts of articles have ranked higher than the original full articles on CNN, Washington Post, etc., even for generic keywords that they should have totally owned. But that isn't the autobloggers fault.

AutoBlogged, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  19. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, autobloggers are stealing our customers, and need to be punished for doing so.

IsraeI, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  20. soul_of_god

soul_of_god Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wanna say only few words "Auto Blogs must be banned" :)

soul_of_god, Apr 18, 2011 IP