1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google latest farmer/panda update ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Charismatic_Verma, Apr 15, 2011.

What effects did you observe regarding rankings after google's panda/farmer update ?

Charismatic_Verma, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  2. SEOTranslator

SEOTranslator Member

Best Answers:
    Going up... :)

It DOES help that spammy sites are getting dumped!

SEOTranslator, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  3. Shadow69

Shadow69 Peon

Best Answers:
    The last rankings really effected some sites that it shouldn't have of mine.. Not sure what the deal is, anyone know what happened?

Shadow69, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  4. exsuit

exsuit Peon

Best Answers:
    1) Take a look at the content on your site. Is it just a blog with 400-500 word posts. No images, no videos? At rich media, and social media interaction to your sites.

2) Take a look at your backlink profile. Are your backlinks de-indexed? I think quality will take precedence over quantity now

exsuit, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  5. AllanJames

AllanJames Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, my niche sites have risen in the rankings.

The horror stories seem to be from ezinearticles, hubpages etc who have a lot of low quality articles.

AllanJames, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  6. bekar09

bekar09 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Really? I never knew that. I always thought that Authority sites like Ezine would always top the search rankings. But its good to know.

bekar09, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  7. Charismatic_Verma

Charismatic_Verma Member

Best Answers:
    It simply indicates that those who just believe in writing loads of articles for their website promotion and make them submit in a number of low quality article marketing websites (with low quality articles of course), will have to suffer.

Charismatic_Verma, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  8. Charismatic_Verma

Charismatic_Verma Member

Best Answers:
    Well, detach your website with any of the blogs or articles that are having low quality content. It's the time to give more work to the quality writers. The panda update is launched globally now affecting millions of the websites positively and negatively according to its senses.

Charismatic_Verma, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  9. dhoni2011

dhoni2011 Peon

Best Answers:
    The Farmer/Panda Update: New Information From Google and The Latest from SMX West

March 9, 2011
    Today at SMX West, the subject of the day wascontent farms. One session included the founder of (sometimes-called content farm) Associated Content, Luke Beatty, and focused on the good that can be learned from content farms, as well as what sites who have been hit by Google’s Farmer aka Panda updatecan do to regain their rankings.

This discussion coincides with an updated posting from Google in the webmaster discussion forum thread they opened for site owners on the subject. What can we learn?

dhoni2011, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  10. annieshark

annieshark Peon

Best Answers:
    So building backlinks from these sites will invariably become a useless task too :( ?

annieshark, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  11. bebs3517

bebs3517 Peon

Best Answers:
    based on the latest updates, i've seen some better improvements on my keywords in SERP. Those that were gone for months are now back in the 1st page of SERP. Thanks to Panda update

bebs3517, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  12. G30SPKI

G30SPKI Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not make spammy in another blogs. So it does not effect my blog. Google panda like daily update post blog and high quality backlink..Just my opinion...

G30SPKI, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  13. SearchEngineAce

SearchEngineAce Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel a lot more relaxed. It was worth investing on our websites and having fresh content in here. Now we have started ranking for the important terms for which we had good content. Earlier the top spots were occupied by the so called content farm sites. happy to have this update :)

SearchEngineAce, Apr 16, 2011 IP