1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

looking for effective, reliable, KW research software

Discussion in 'SEO' started by BalSagoth, Apr 13, 2011.

Hi,
    I'm looking for a tool or software that would save me all this repetitive and tedious process.
    I don't mind thinking of the words - it's the sorting phase that's driving me nuts :)
    All the programs I came across are good at offering you thousands of words but none of them have a good comparison with the top competitors.
    So, does anyone can give a recommendation about a good tool that suggests words AND tells you how competitive they actually are?

Thanks

BalSagoth, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  2. tomorrowark

tomorrowark Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Keywords Tool is good enough, and most important this tool is free. Many people love this tool.

tomorrowark, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  3. BalSagoth

BalSagoth Peon

Best Answers:
    I already using it. but it has no information about the SEO competition of each word (the green bar marks the PPC competition and is highly inaccurate).
    I don't want to start investigating the top 10 sites of each word out of the 400 words I currently have in my KW research, because I was hoping to finish the research THIS year...

And I don't mind paying for a tool if it's really good. I think it could be worth it

BalSagoth, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  4. Zack_miller

Zack_miller Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't recommend this software fort keywords research.Google provide good and some show good KW competition.

Zack_miller, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Determining the competition with any accuracy is not something which can be automated.

dcristo, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  6. BalSagoth

BalSagoth Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally disagree.
    It's enough to take the first 10 results in google, make an average PR, check if they have your keyword in the TITLE and URL and this alone will be enough to get a general idea about how targeted is this word by other websites.
    For more advanced and accurate information, you could have your script check the entire site for repetitions of this keyword, how many headers contain it, alexa rank, etc...

7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    PR doesn't tell you the whole story though.

dcristo, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  8. BalSagoth

BalSagoth Peon

Best Answers:
    No, but if the average PR of the first 10 results is 5 you'll have to work much harder then if it were 2 or 3. And this is only 1 parameter. I mentioned more parameters and used the term "general idea" so i know it's not 100% accurate but it would still give you a part of the picture.