1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reconsideration Request For Panda Update - How is this NOT a waste of time?

Discussion in 'Google' started by andheresjohnny, Apr 12, 2011.

I have read many people suggesting that if you think your website is being unfairly affected by the newish Google "Panda" update that you should submit a Request for Reconsideration via Google Webmaster Tools.

How is this supposed to work?

First of all I know that I have read where Google has stated that no manual site-by-site tweaking is taking place for this update. So that means that if a website's SERPS have been damaged by this update that it has happened algorithmically.

If the above is true ... and Google will not make manual site-by-site changes .. then how can a reconsideration request do anything but waste your time?

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
    andheresjohnny, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  2. simpseo

simpseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are right, it's a waste of time if your site has lost its rankings due to an algorithmic change.

simpseo, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  3. Rohit patel

Rohit patel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't waste of time, Google webmaster forums will not go site by site but once you apply for reconsideration with proper reason then you may get a chance to retain your rankings!

Something is better then nothing.

Rohit patel, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  4. craig105

craig105 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly!! So give it a try you have nothing to lose.

craig105, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  5. highfivemarty

highfivemarty Peon

Best Answers:
    Really? I read on the Blog that went live today that they wouldn't be doing any manual changes or exceptions but would incorporate any feedback into future updates. I could be wrong though, but I doubt it.

highfivemarty, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  6. andheresjohnny

andheresjohnny Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is exactly what I have been reading too. So if this is the case then I don't see how a reconsideration request will do you anything in this situation.

In fact ... doesn't Google state that they will entertain just 1 request per site? If I remember that correctly then I wouldn't burn a request on something that has no chance of accomplishing anything.

My luck I would use up my allocated request and then run into a real, solvable problem later on. :mad:

andheresjohnny, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  7. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some of my post rankings were hurt too and traffic went down considerably :(

michael.aulia, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  8. Rohit patel

Rohit patel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well I am reading your blog since last 1 year and honestly Google is blind to consider quality pages, your reviews are always in-depth and high quality yet you hit with updates!

One more thing, people who says Google updates is good then try to search "Download Hindi Songs" keywords in co.in, check results on 3rd rank which have google's blogspot with no content! Is it quality website for Google? :D

Rohit patel, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  9. christianc01

christianc01 Peon

Best Answers:
    absolutely correct. its waste of time and bad effect of your site.

christianc01, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  10. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Eh, seriously? :D Didn't know you are a reader of my blog - thanks, buddy. Yeah, my daily income has shown a decline so not too happy at this stage

michael.aulia, Apr 14, 2011 IP