1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my Asian Movie Website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by SibTiger33, Aug 5, 2009.

I've for the first time created a blog based website using the wordpress software

its at

www.asianmoviepulse.com

only just started it really but could do with some tips / help / advice in regard to building a site using wordpress

any help (content wise ) i could get would also be fantastic

Thanks alot

SibTiger33, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  2. mushroomdigi

mushroomdigi Peon

Best Answers:
    Am I right in saying that's a WordPress theme?

Here's what I believe would improve your website:

• Your logo doesn't really go with your website, try taking the blue from the site and using it within the logo. The logo should also match up the left of the website, which it doesn't at the moment.
    • You need to get some features on there (bottom left), I'm sure you know this already.
    • Your news page and home page look exactly the same, making one of them irrelevant - lose the link.
    • Your missing something top right, it might be worth sticking the search up there but I don't think this is a major thing.
    • Check this site out http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/ - You see the slideshow news on the home page. I know there is plugins to do something similar to wordpress, look into it if you can it seems be the buzz thing with movie sites.
    • On your reviews page, you have trailers loading in and auto playing at the bottom of the page. If it has to auto play I'd put it at the top. What would be best probably is a tab to the trailer or popping it up on top of the content if you can do something like this. Again I'm sure there are WP mods for things like this.

mushroomdigi, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  3. redli0n82

redli0n82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree the logo is wierd pulse has a long L. what is that about?

Otherwise good site overall. Needs a review system.

best of luck

redli0n82

redli0n82, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  4. claire0917

claire0917 Peon

Best Answers:
    Didn't like the logo. A big banner seems better.
    I find the top portion messy. Which part contains the Latest articles, the section on the right or left?
    I think Similar Articles section should be shown only when I view an article.. and it's hard to read the titles if you compress the width too much. Maybe you should place them above the Polls section.

The options in you Polls section are colored white. I couldn't read them w/o highlighting.

claire0917, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  5. xDemevenx

xDemevenx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The logo must be redone, it doesn't fit your layout/design. Maybe some flash-based items like previews can be added to your homepage. Also, if you ever need a reviewer for classic Korean movies hit me up =p I love KDrama especially Jun Ji Hyun xD Anyway good luck with the site hope it goes well.

xDemevenx, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  6. pantho

pantho Banned

Best Answers:
    the site is bit slow other wise its a good job.!

pantho, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  7. SibTiger33

SibTiger33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks alot for the comments so far guys

all of which i could do very easily if i just programmed the whole site myselve

i guess what i wanted to do was a quick win by using wordpress
    and what i found is that wordpress is in fact fantastic and comes with some really good plugins

so what i did was use a theme which i liked with no real thought as to what it would look like with the old logo (what u see is the old logo from the previous site)

if i stick with this theme then for sure i will have to change the logo - may have to have a logo contest here like i did before i guess as i've just got no time to actually design myselve these days .

mushroomdigi - what you are referring to is carousels and i was thinking of creating one myselve until i saw plugins for this. i will look into it though

Sorry about the polls - i didnt know there was a problem with them

is everyone getting this problem?

i see them fine in Chrome,Firefox and IE?

SibTiger33, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  8. SibTiger33

SibTiger33 Peon

Best Answers:
    How about another review for the site folks

done alot of changes in the last few years?

thoughts?

SibTiger33, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  9. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest your logo in the Forum board must also be the logo on your home page.

etc, Apr 13, 2011 IP