1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I get backlinks?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by wroberts, Apr 12, 2011.

I am attempting to get my new website http://www.weswave.com/ noticed. This site is an MLA citation generator to use when citing sources for something like an English paper.

Where could I go to get backlinks and how to I go about getting them?

wroberts, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  2. metaseo

metaseo Peon

Best Answers:
    The main way for you to get back links is by:

- Social Bookmarking
    - Press Releases
    - Blog Commenting
    - Being Active in Forums (offering your help for free to users)
    - Article submission

These 5 above are the main way of getting solid backlinks to your web page.

However, then comes the Advanced Link Building. This is much more difficult because it requires you to find website that are relevant to your everyday business and try to get a inbound link from his website. This is generally expensive and requires quite some money.

metaseo, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  3. ippr123

ippr123 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get backlinks by doing blog commenting and forum posting in do follow sites.You can create your own blog and get more backlinks.Do qualiy link building.

ippr123, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  4. dulcet30

dulcet30 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should go for some link building tactics for getting more traffic.I have considered some ethical link building techniques like forum posting,blog commenting,guest blogging,article submission,directory submission,video submission and so on.

dulcet30, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  5. igirlsgames

igirlsgames Peon

Best Answers:
    Link building ways ,
    link exchange , article submission , forum posts , blog comments , directory submission , social bookmarking .

igirlsgames, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  6. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to create backlinks is by social bookmarking sites. Check out the addthis widget and create accounts in all the sites listed in the widget, all those sites are really important for traffic as well as backlinks. Make sure you also do some cross bookmarking which will fetch you more traffic. Now that you have come here and created an account, put your site link in the homepage section of your profile and be a regular commentator on the forum. You will certainly get backlinks from this forum too ;)

China_girl, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  7. seawind

seawind Active Member

Best Answers:
    link exchange, blog, forum, bookmark and etc..

seawind, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  8. clyde frog

clyde frog Guest

Best Answers:
    blog commenting, forum signatures, social bookmarking. your site is a good utility for high school and college students so if i were you i'd make an attempt at some social network promotions as well.

clyde frog, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  9. SSC

SSC Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you are really concerned about getting relevant backlinks for your site then you can start with exchanging links with the sites in the same niche
    exchanging links with a high PR site will be more beneficial, but if the low PR site has less outbound links then it will be fine too... DP has a section for the same and its named as "link exchange", you can create a thread asking other webmasters to check your site for link exchange.

other methods include commenting in blogs relevant to your subject {blogs should be dofollow}
    posting in forums & using a link to your website in the signature
    Social bookmarking on sites, such as digg, delicious, stumble upon etc...

Hope this helps :)

SSC, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  10. TonyEva

TonyEva Peon

Best Answers:
    Article submission, forum signatures, blog commenting, social bookmarks, directory submission can be used for linking build.

TonyEva, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  11. John Lewis sales

John Lewis sales Peon

Best Answers:
    tonyeva is right for now u should work on this you can even exchange n buy links if you have budget to do so

John Lewis sales, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  12. MartinPrestovic

MartinPrestovic Peon

Best Answers:
    You will just get the same link building methods repeated over and over in this type of thread. Article submission, directory submission, etc, etc.

The best form of links that you can obtain are natural ones. Those that have been given by people who have found your web site to be useful or interesting and to get such links you need to be participating within your niche. Try to find out where people who would use your type of site, hang out. Then participate in that area and become a valuable user, suggest your site to the people you meet and if they find it useful they in turn will suggest it to their friends and so on and so forth.

However before you go off in your quest for backlinks I would highly recommend that you improve your web site. I gave it a test and the error checking on the scripts was not very helpful or user friendly.

MartinPrestovic, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  13. Donno

Donno Peon

Best Answers:
    submit to high pagerank bookmarking site to get quality backlink, forums, articles directory, etc

Donno, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  14. Ayesha Anam

Ayesha Anam Guest

Best Answers:
    directory submission,article submission,bookmarking,web 2.O forum posting,blog commenting, these are the techniques to get backlinks.

Ayesha Anam, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  15. mst124

mst124 Peon

Best Answers:
    Backlink is very important for improving page rank of website, for backlink do blog posting, article posting, social bookmarking, forum posting, classified, these all activity is use for link building.

mst124, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  16. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is that hard to do some bit of research

Google is your friend learn to use it

It would be that hard to search How to Build Links or Link Building Methods ? is it that hard ?

w3bmaster, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  17. chandrapal

chandrapal Peon

Best Answers:
    The main ways are
    1. Submit to directories.
    2. Link exchange with related sites.
    3. link bait by posting content that is link worthy
    4. Encourage people to syndicate your content though RSS feeds

chandrapal, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  18. wroberts

wroberts Peon

Best Answers:
    I was looking to find answers relating to my site, not just relating to general link building, which is in fact kind of difficult to find.

wroberts, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  19. wroberts

wroberts Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you everyone for all the help

wroberts, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  20. duffers2010

duffers2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    My advice would be to contact related websites directly - all this talk about getting random links via social bookmarks nd directories is no where near as effective as gaining a genuine link from a related good quality website. to give you an idea i got just one link from a related website and i immediately appeared on page 1 of google for a primary keyword. Just contact website owners - they are normally very friendly and happy to network.

duffers2010, Apr 13, 2011 IP